The Unofficial CZ 452/455/457 Thread

Do many of you guys have the .22lr/17hmr combo?
Pros and cons? Are barrel changes a PITA?

I originally was set on a 22mag with the 20" bull barrel, but the combo seems like a pretty good deal. LGS has combo for $650 and 22mag for $550. That extra hundred for essentially another gun is hard to pass on but $100 could get a decent amount of 22mag ammo.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the combo, I find myself running it as a .17HMR most of the time as I have plenty of .22lrs.
However a couple years back when .17HMR was scarce and expensive, the .22lr barrel got a good workout then which was great as it's by far my nicest rifle

It's a few minutes to change barrels but then you also should take the time to check/redo your zero

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
Extractor PSA:

I’m sure many of you know this already, but I learned the hard way yesterday. The two extractor claws on a CZ 457 are different and can easily be installed backwards if you’re not paying attention.

The pointier of the two goes on the same side of the bolt as the ejection port (right side for right handed rifles). The picture below shows the extractor claws installed INCORRECTLY (picture is of the bottom of the bolt).

Let me tell you, the rifle does not eject spent cases very well with the extractors installed backwards. I got A LOT of practice clearing jams at a match yesterday. Like 2-4 jams per 10-rnd mag. Fun stuff.

9EC59ABE-6126-4ECE-875B-3DA9FBF02040.jpeg

Does anyone know of a good source for factory barrels? The website is out of stock of pretty much everything.
Or am I better off going aftermarket?
Thanks

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
I would certainly look at aftermarket. Availability is going to be better, quality will likely be better too. CZs supply chain is notoriously wonky. I wouldn't hold my breath trying to get a factory barrel. I'm considering rebarreling mine with a Lilja when the time comes.

View attachment 365095
View attachment 365096

The 457 that I put together for my son a few years ago.
Started as a Varmint wood stock
Put it in an XLR Element 3.0 Chassis
Area 419 30 MOA Rail
Scope was a Vortex but has been changed to an Athlon Cronus
YoDave Trigger Spring

It shot so great, that I got a T1x and built it's twin. But the CZ was nicer in every way. So the T1x got sold.

Now I'm waiting to pick up a B14R in lefty to try.
Mine is bone stock but am strongly considering putting it in an xlr… main reason is my wife’s rifle wears an xlr and I think my CZ would be a great trainer for her and my daughter with the same ergonomics as the rifle they will be hunting with

My 457 is one of my favorite rifles. It’s one of Manners version with an Area 419 Lilja, Anarchy extended mag release, and a Timney trigger. Shot an NRL 22X hunter style match with it a couple months ago and had a blast. Placed 23rd out of 50 in my first ever match if any kind. I have a SilencerCo sparrow in jail for it.

View attachment 440354

It shoots Eley Tenex into 10 round groups like this without much work at all.

View attachment 440355
View attachment 440356
You have good taste, that’s a beautiful little rifle! Coolest rimfire I’ve seen

ChrisAU

WKR
You have good taste, that’s a beautiful little rifle! Coolest rimfire I’ve seen

Thanks sir. Actually just finished a slight rebuild. Got a KMW Loggerhead installed in the buttstock and it now sports a Zeiss LRP S3 on 50 MOA rail with a 30 MOA ARC M-Brace. Idea is to stretch it to 650ish on a calm day, just for fun. And also a SilencerCo Sparrow. Unsure on if that will stay on it or not, groups at the range over the next couple weeks will dictate that. Have a NRL Hunter style NRL22x match June 10th and a few more scheduled for this year.

1EEB07B0-0436-4169-849A-0577200FFF5E.jpeg66F8FC84-390F-4E4C-8558-121D2011F5F7.jpeg

Thanks sir. Actually just finished a slight rebuild. Got a KMW Loggerhead installed in the buttstock and it now sports a Zeiss LRP S3 on 50 MOA rail with a 30 MOA ARC M-Brace. Idea is to stretch it to 650ish on a calm day, just for fun. And also a SilencerCo Sparrow. Unsure on if that will stay on it or not, groups at the range over the next couple weeks will dictate that. Have a NRL Hunter style NRL22x match June 10th and a few more scheduled for this year.

View attachment 553883View attachment 553884
Sweet looking CZ. I got to look thru a S3 at Scheels last weekend and am having a hard time not upgrading the Cronus that's on my Vudoo. Where are the Hunter style NRL22X matches at? I'm going to one in a couple weeks in Billings, MT and would love to make it to a few more.

ChrisAU

WKR
Sweet looking CZ. I got to look thru a S3 at Scheels last weekend and am having a hard time not upgrading the Cronus that's on my Vudoo. Where are the Hunter style NRL22X matches at? I'm going to one in a couple weeks in Billings, MT and would love to make it to a few more.

The one I'm shooting June 10th is in Blakely GA at The Arena. I'm not sure if their other two this year will be that format or not.

Macintosh

WKR
Anyone know what the difference is between the stock inlet on a 455 and a 457? Is it significant, or?

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
After putting together a Defiance/HNT 26 gun this summer, I had to keep the .22 trainer in step.

Dropped the CZ 457 into the new-ish Grey Birch LaChassis today. It’s pretty sweet! Makes tripod shooting super nice with the full length integrated Arca rail.
View attachment 593729

I’ve never heard of that chassis; looks awesome! Can’t wait to hear how you like it.I was considering a Bravo for my 457.

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
Found a Bravo and switched scopes on this rifle. That's the end of NRL22 Base Class for me; I'll be Open Class now. I'm resisting putting weights on the rifle, I want it to handle more like a field gun. I should probably have one of my NXS 2.5-10x42s on there so it matches my hunting rifle, but I have the 3.5-15 that's not on anything right now... I don't know, I'm just playing around.

CZ 457 Pro Varmint
KRG Bravo
NF NXS 3.5-15x50
Area 419 rail (15 MOA)
Timney trigger
DIP bolt knob and extended mag release
Sig SRD22X

IMG_0935.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 16