Thermacell

Is a Thermacell as good as it gets for some sort of electronic/mechanical device?
Not sure it is electronic. There is an on/off switch to control the flow of the butane so it is mechanical.

Excellent for skeeters. Start mine up before I exit the truck and by time I'm where I need to be it is hot and keeping bugs away. Must have down here.

Permethrin spray is used to keep the ticks off.

Thermacell can be a game changer, if it's needed, and you've never used one! There are both mechanical and electronic versions out there. Has anyone tried the Flextail Gear versions? I have a few of the FTG pumps and love them...

I’m not in Alaska but I’m in Southwest Florida. Definitely skitter country. I laughed at my buddy years ago when he pulled that contraption out one evening when we were hunting hogs. The next week I had one.
Seemed lije a gimmick to me at first but the dang things are worth twice the cost to me.

I DO NOT hunt or sit outside my house without it until mosquito season is gone. On a side note, I take the old pads and put a few drops of doe pee on them and keep them in a plastic bag. During the rut, I'll use one of those to heat that sent pad....works....

Yes they are all they are cracked up to be!! I have even included them in our end of year rokslide equipment reviews. I wouldnt go to georgia every year and hunt hogs in a swamp without one, period.

We were camped right at 10k feet a few years back and got our thermacell to work. It did not fire up right away like it does in MN but got it working thankfully. It’s a great piece of equipment that works extremely well. Had two going this past weekend in northern MN. If you were outside the “zone” you were practically carried away by our state bird, the mosquito.

Sounds like Thermacell it is. I typically don't need one but my tolerance as of late is not what it once was. My last bout in Michigans upper peninsula was enough to know something needs to change.

No doubt they work and they are most effective when it is calm. I used mine on a bear hunt in the Maine north woods. There was very little air movement late in the day in the dark timber and the Thermacell worked great.

If I’ll be around mosquitoes, I will have my thermacell. One of the few things I’ve found that works better than advertised.

I have bought multiple units. And have bought refill packs. And have bought a bulk refill pack.

At normal retail price.

They are essential for lots of good hunting scenarios.

No issues with the thing smelling and removing the deer? I have wondered about that.
I have had deer come to within 2 feet of my blind with me inside and the thermocell rocking. I have never had a deer spook to my knowledge because of the scent it produces.

It is absolute necessity in the south if you are gonna hunt.

A buddy and I were shooting the local 3d range in Colorado Springs last week. Mosquitoes were in full force. I had my thermocell attached to my belt and my buddy became an instant believer.

I have seen some difficulty in keeping them lit in higher altitudes. Could be the unit though I guess.

Back