Thermarest Parsec 0'

Kerbs

FNG
As people are shopping to colder winter bags, I thought I would mention the Thermarest Parsec 0'. It's on sale right now at a bunch of vendors for right around $400. I used this bag on a mule deer hunt in ID for the first time last year and was pretty impressed. Packed it only weighs roughly 2.5lbs but kept me warm until temps got into the single digits. (Way below the comfort rating of 14'). I love the foot box and the bag is cut just right, not too tight but warm. It's a pretty hard bag to beat when on sale.

Attachments

• 10554602x1013074_zm.jpeg
    10554602x1013074_zm.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
As people are shopping to colder winter bags, I thought I would mention the Thermarest Parsec 0'. It's on sale right now at a bunch of vendors for right around $400. I used this bag on a mule deer hunt in ID for the first time last year and was pretty impressed. Packed it only weighs roughly 2.5lbs but kept me warm until temps got into the single digits. (Way below the comfort rating of 14'). I love the foot box and the bag is cut just right, not too tight but warm. It's a pretty hard bag to beat when on sale.

I have been looking at this one in comparison to the sierra designs nitro 0, sg chilkoot 0. I like that the parsec has a 20d fabric vs the others 15d.

How's yours been at holding the down in?

OP
Kerbs

Kerbs

FNG
No issue with down leakage. Overall it's held up well so far so no complaints there. It doesn't feel as fragile as some other bags that I have had, but doesn't feel heavy or clunky either. I prefer the Parsec to the Kuiu bag that I had and subsequently sold.

No issue with down leakage. Overall it's held up well so far so no complaints there. It doesn't feel as fragile as some other bags that I have had, but doesn't feel heavy or clunky either. I prefer the Parsec to the Kuiu bag that I had and subsequently sold.
Thanks. Was the kuiu bag a 0 also?

I was looking at fill weights vs fill power... The parsec and nitro are both 26oz at 800FP, where the chilkoot is 29oz at 850+ and kuiu is almost 28oz at 850+. I'd expect that they'd be a little warmer. However, durability plays a big part in my choices. That 15D of the chilkoot sure feels thin, and I just ripped the stitching on my current bag while washing it.

Have you tried the parsec close to 0F in just thermal top and bottoms?

OP
Kerbs

Kerbs

FNG
Kuiu was a 15. Apples and oranges for temp but as a bag I like the parsec better.

Yes, I have had the bag down into the lower single digits. Like any other 0' bag out there, when you get that close to the bottom end of the temp you will freeze your nuts off. I ran a liner as well down in those temps and it was ok. If you were planning close to 0, you should look at something like a -10 to -15 bag so you stay in the comfort range. (Which arguably is a better rating for use.)