Thinking about selling 12 el for Mavens

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
I am kicking around selling my 12x50 els and going with two pairs of Mavens, one in 10x42 and the 18x56. My thought is I have heard a few here talk about glassing with 18s are easier on the eyes than a big spotter. Yes my spotter will stay in use. But has anyone hear used the Maven 18x56? Do you feel its worth it over the 12x50 els? Stepping down to 10s as well due to steadier in the hand. What are your guys thoughts? My only other solution is to keep the els and buy a light 65 swaro spotter as my 85 is heavy. Or selling and going to 10x50 els and a 65 spotter. Has anyone done this and regretted it or liked it? Thanks

Mosby

WKR
I would keep the 12x50 for scouting and days I plan on doing a lot of glassing and probably buy a nice 10x42 for everyday hunting and be done with it.

OP
A

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
I would keep the 12x50 for scouting and days I plan on doing a lot of glassing and probably buy a nice 10x42 for everyday hunting and be done with it.
I appreciate the info. I have thought of that as well. Not sure I can afford to drop bucks on 10 els so thinking of Maven 10s or meoptas. Guess I want to kill some weight and at times spotter is a task to pack. Thanks

Mosby

WKR
I appreciate the info. I have thought of that as well. Not sure I can afford to drop bucks on 10 els so thinking of Maven 10s or meoptas. Guess I want to kill some weight and at times spotter is a task to pack. Thanks
I got my son a pair of Nikon 10x42's on sale. Light weight and nice glass for the price, as another option. They compare well with more expensive options in the reviews I read.

I like the Meopta's but they are a bit heavy.

Beendare

WKR
I made that mistake years ago selling my Leica Geos and getting 2 Vortex. I didnt think there would be a huge drop off- there was.

i dont know Maven, I have looked through them but never made a side-by-side comparison . I do own the Meopta in 15x and no drop off from Swaro.

-