Thinking of going floorless

mtnhmr

FNG
Floor-less = no fear of burning everything down if you upset a stove while cooking under the shelter.

Jblack86

FNG
Question........ How many of you cook in your tent? Do you not fear bears or do you only cook in the tent in specific states? I love the idea of a stove but I worry that cooking in the tent will attract issues.

I often cook in my shelter especially when the weather’s bad. I only cook outside when weather permits. Cooking only entails boiling water and dumping it in a MH meal pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just switched from a Tarptent to a supertarp, cut the weight and bulk in half, way more room and don’t have to worry about getting dirt inside. If the weathers nasty or cold I can add the annex and a stove if needed. 799B7D02-99FC-41B0-BDA4-31E4E2026771.jpeg

Sbrien777

FNG
Does having a nest eliminate the possibility of bugs crawling into your sleeping bag? Gotta try to convice the wife on the floorless idea. The thought of running a stove is very appealing.

Last edited:

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all. I have been throwing around the idea of switching to a floorless shelter. The Kifaru Paratarp and Supertarp have piqued my interest. -During heavy rain conditions, do you find the ground getting wet and essentially creating a river inside the shelter? If so, do you use a ground pad?
-Do you use just a sleeping bag or some sort of bivy sack for extra protection?
-Do you ever find yourself getting wet from rain blowing in from the opening and if so, what do you do to remedy this situation?

My favorite part of being floorless is just rolling over in the middle,of the night and peeing.

Aboyer35

FNG
I purchased the Kifaru sawtooth Tipi and plan on using it for my MT hunt. Set it up in the yard and it’s footprint, pack ability and wt are exactly what I paid for. Nothing but great things to say about their products