Thoughts on aftermarket Tikka stocks and barrels

I just got a Mesa and really like it for an all around fit. Weight wise It’s a wash between it and factory. It’s very handy for off hand shooting and for me is very good prone. Their lead time was right at 8 weeks when I got mine. I’m having a proof 7RSAUM tube put on it right now but I’m hoping my smith can keep the 270WSM factory stick operable. If the rifle is a good shooter and fac

OP
HungryNomad
I had a custom recoil lug made and welded it to the action. The factory tikka ones will start to get mashed after awhile

What’s goin on with that stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
I had a custom recoil lug made and welded it to the action. The factory tikka ones will start to get mashed after awhile

What’s goin on with that stock?

that is a full carbon fiber wildcat composite stock i believe it weighted 20.5oz after bedding and paint.

I've been using a Wildcat for several years here in Alaska. The upgrade there is weight (-7 oz or so) and the "feel" of fiberglass over plastic. Function wise, there is zero difference. Shape is essentially a carbon copy of a factory T3 stock.

I was worth it to me, but I also did all the finish work and bedding myself.

Something else to consider if you are Nome based. The trimmer factory style stocks fit better in the gun boot on your Ski-Doo. Handy on those winter caribou hunts.

OP
HungryNomad
I've been using a Wildcat for several years here in Alaska. The upgrade there is weight (-7 oz or so) and the "feel" of fiberglass over plastic. Function wise, there is zero difference. Shape is essentially a carbon copy of a factory T3 stock.

I was worth it to me, but I also did all the finish work and bedding myself.

Something else to consider if you are Nome based. The trimmer factory style stocks fit better in the gun boot on your Ski-Doo. Handy on those winter caribou hunts.

You know us well...

Does anyone know if they make one with a higher cheek weld (sure I’m not using proper terminology…)? Or are there any options with notable weight savings, similar to this, with a higher cheek weld. That is my only complaint with the factory tikka profile, currently have a neoprene sleeve with some foam to raise it up a bit for a better weld, but I’d like to avoid that if I’m already buying a new stock.

Does anyone know if they make one with a higher cheek weld (sure I’m not using proper terminology…)? Or are there any options with notable weight savings, similar to this, with a higher cheek weld. That is my only complaint with the factory tikka profile, currently have a neoprene sleeve with some foam to raise it up a bit for a better weld, but I’d like to avoid that if I’m already buying a new stock.
I forgot to put it in there but I was specifically referring to the wildcat composites stock

khuber84

WKR
I forgot to put it in there but I was specifically referring to the wildcat composites stock
I don't believe wildcat will ship to US anymore. I inquired about one a year ago or so, perhaps being in Idaho you can het one across the border through creative means. Wildcat makes a few different style stocks, but believe their target stock(with higher comb) is heavier.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Fwiw I’ve been impressed with the new stockys offerings. I have the sporter and vertical grip. Both are about 21oz.