Tikka aftermarket stock

N2TRKYS

WKR
What’s the lightest replacement stock for a Tikka T3x Lite? Looking for something lighter than the factory synthetic stock, if it’s out there. Must be in a regular sporter style stock(shaped like the factory stock) and not have a vertical grip.

TIA

Tahoe1305

WKR
It’s not the lightest but best bang for buck and about 1/2lb lighter. Stocky sportsman CF. Mine weighed 22oz.

Bwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Mesa precision that was right at 28 OZ. Probably something out there slightly lighter but I liked it a lot. Had a vertical grip though.

I would check out manners options for a tikka. They may have one without a vertical grip.

BAKPAKR

WKR
The Peak 44 stocks in the R700 inlet have been running 19-20 oz per reports I have read. They also have a Tikka inlet. I like th feel of the Peak 44 stock.

bnsafe

WKR
I got the stockys in the version you want and it dropped the weight considerably. I dont know exact wts but when I did my research I think I remember the factory stock in the 34 oz range and the stockys was 22 oz. Def feels like it in my hands. I wish it had a bit bigger palm swell, and would prob go with the vertical grip vg if I was to do it again, but, love my stock and gun. Its a pleasure to carry.

The Hunters Edge stock from McMillan used to be a good choice before they where sold. Most of their Edge stocks weighed 22-24 ozs but now come in much heavier. I have one on my Tikka SL 7MM-08 and really like it. Maybe luck into a used one in the classifieds??

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
In all seriousness, why do you prefer the non-pistol grip style stocks? Not challenging you, just looking for another opinion. I’ve found trigger control to be far easier with the pistol grip style stock but carrying and handling to be easier with the old school style.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m looking at the Peak 44 Blacktooth stock, in the 19 oz range, from what I’ve read the oe synthetic stock is 28-29 oz.

The Stocky is only 2 oz heavier than the Blacktooth and a couple hundred cheaper.

Would be nice to have both in hand to compare :)