Tikka aftermarket stock

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
In all seriousness, why do you prefer the non-pistol grip style stocks? Not challenging you, just looking for another opinion. I’ve found trigger control to be far easier with the pistol grip style stock but carrying and handling to be easier with the old school style.
I don’t like the angle it puts my hand in for shooting. The traditional style is much more comfortable to me. Just feels more natural. That’s the main issue. The other secondary issues are, I can’t stand the looks of them and hate toting them.

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t like the angle it puts my hand in for shooting. The traditional style is much more comfortable to me. Just feels more natural. That’s the main issue. The other secondary issues are, I can’t stand the looks of them and hate toting them.
Yup. God Bless America, land of opportunity of opinion and choice.

There is something classic and handy about the old school style stocks.

Stockys is your jam. I think they are running a pretty good sale right now.

Alterra Carbon Hunter Tikka stock. Grip profile is similar to the Tikka stock (not a true vertical grip) and is more shootable than the stock Tikka stock.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m looking at the Peak 44 Blacktooth stock, in the 19 oz range, from what I’ve read the oe synthetic stock is 28-29 oz.

The Stocky is only 2 oz heavier than the Blacktooth and a couple hundred cheaper.

Would be nice to have both in hand to compare :)
You should get both and sell the loser of your evaluation

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Waxy

FNG
Wildcat Composites is really close to me. What are the real world experiences with these stocks? The comb height doesn't seem ideal to me, and they require some finishing and bedding. The price is reasonable though.

Raven Euro now has a distributor in my hometown. They look incredible, but they're spendy. Any real world experience out there with the Raven?

Thanks!

thib32

FNG
What’s the lightest replacement stock for a Tikka T3x Lite? Looking for something lighter than the factory synthetic stock, if it’s out there. Must be in a regular sporter style stock(shaped like the factory stock) and not have a vertical grip.

TIA
i have a t3x hunter in 30-06. Just received my peak 44 blacktooth stock today.........All I can say is wow!! Weighed in at 18.4 oz without the recoil lug (they forgot to send it, one on the way) I put it together without just to see how it felt and the balance was awesome, grip just a little beefier than stock but felt really good to me. I got the gray/white sponge and it looks awesome! The total weight is 6lb 7oz (without recoil lug) topped with a 2-10 VX5-HD CDS. Highly recommend !!

Tahoe1305

WKR
i have a t3x hunter in 30-06. Just received my peak 44 blacktooth stock today.........All I can say is wow!! Weighed in at 18.4 oz without the recoil lug (they forgot to send it, one on the way) I put it together without just to see how it felt and the balance was awesome, grip just a little beefier than stock but felt really good to me. I got the gray/white sponge and it looks awesome! The total weight is 6lb 7oz (without recoil lug) topped with a 2-10 VX5-HD CDS. Highly recommend !!
No pictures??

Wrongside

WKR
Wildcat Composites is really close to me. What are the real world experiences with these stocks? The comb height doesn't seem ideal to me, and they require some finishing and bedding. The price is reasonable though.

Raven Euro now has a distributor in my hometown. They look incredible, but they're spendy. Any real world experience out there with the Raven?

Thanks!
The Wildcats are very light and stiff. And a great value if you can finish it yourself. The comb on Stuart’s sporter Tikka stock is just slightly higher and straighter than the Tikka factory stock. The grip is slightly fuller and more vertical. I still like a stockpack to get ideal cheekweld on mine with a scope mounted in SM TO84s. But that’ll vary for each individual. Stuart is great to deal with!

Those Raven stocks are pricey and my eye just can’t like something about the lines on them.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing

JCMCUBIC

WKR
J,
did it weigh 21 ounces as advertised? Like it? If you use it with the Klassik or PMII, what mounts/rings do you use? thanks my friend!

Hey Marty, the one I received was 21.5 oz without the recoil lug.

I previously mounted a 6x SWFA in TPS 30mm lows (.82) on an Area 419 20 MOA rail. Plenty of room all around with that.

Recently I put a 3-12x42 (Klassik) in APA lows (.75) on the same rail. I had to place the rings/scope a bit forward of where I usually would and was able to squeak out 2 playing card widths between the objective bell/front of rail edge and 2 playing card widths between the eye piece bell/rear edge of rail. I haven't sighted this one in yet so I can't say for sure but I'm hopeful a 200 yard zero will work and leave 3.2 mil up for the old turret. I'll probably file the front/rear edges of the rail down a bit for more clearance before I go any further with it.

I like the stock. It's a classic lightweight hunter and for that it's what it is supposed to be. It suffers when prone but off-hand and upright rest it's a solid stock. Nothing fancy, just a classic light hunter.

KU_Geo

WKR
I have had allterra, stockys, peak 44, several McMillan models, and a wildcat on a tikka. Personal favorite is the peak 44. Tied for the lightest, and love the ergos. Really like the allterra stock but the trigger reach was just a bit long for me.

Riplip

WKR
I have had allterra, stockys, peak 44, several McMillan models, and a wildcat on a tikka. Personal favorite is the peak 44. Tied for the lightest, and love the ergos. Really like the allterra stock but the trigger reach was just a bit long for me.

I have a Peak 44 Blacktooth on the way and was back on forth between that and the Alterra. How is the reach on the Peak?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hey Marty, the one I received was 21.5 oz without the recoil lug.

I previously mounted a 6x SWFA in TPS 30mm lows (.82) on an Area 419 20 MOA rail. Plenty of room all around with that.

Recently I put a 3-12x42 (Klassik) in APA lows (.75) on the same rail. I had to place the rings/scope a bit forward of where I usually would and was able to squeak out 2 playing card widths between the objective bell/front of rail edge and 2 playing card widths between the eye piece bell/rear edge of rail. I haven't sighted this one in yet so I can't say for sure but I'm hopeful a 200 yard zero will work and leave 3.2 mil up for the old turret. I'll probably file the front/rear edges of the rail down a bit for more clearance before I go any further with it.

I like the stock. It's a classic lightweight hunter and for that it's what it is supposed to be. It suffers when prone but off-hand and upright rest it's a solid stock. Nothing fancy, just a classic light hunter.
Do you have any issues with the check weld on this stock compared to the standard tikka stock? Also, what finish did you get is is slippery or is there some texture there for you?, and….what barrel channel did you get it made for.

I’m strongly considering one of these but have never seen any of stockys stuff in person.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Do you have any issues with the check weld on this stock compared to the standard tikka stock? Also, what finish did you get is is slippery or is there some texture there for you?, and….what barrel channel did you get it made for.

I’m strongly considering one of these but have never seen any of stockys stuff in person.

I don't have an issue with the cheek weld off hand or rested in an upright position. Prone suffers as expected but is still workable. That was while using .82 rings. Moving to the .75 but I haven't spent time shooting with them.

I have tan with webbing on this one. There's no checkering. The webbing/paint leaves it grippy enough for me, it's not slick. I hunted much of last season with a Stocky's VG with one of the camo finishes. It is noticeably slicker than the paint/webbing versions...still, I didn't have any trouble with it. I use several of Stocky's howa mini stocks and the painted are grippier than the camo or carbon...camo finished seems slicker than straight carbon. Still, none of them have been an issue.

Tikka sporter barrel channel.