Tikka Build Help...Please

ElPollo

WKR
I haven't tried to adjust the factory trigger and got the idea of swapping triggers from my smith, who said they didn't care for the factory trigger and that lowering the weight generally resulted in more trigger creep. I suppose I'll have to buy a scale so I can measure it myself. Is there a scale you would recommend or avoid?
You can look up the trigger adjustment on the web. It’s easy and does not increase creep. You have to remove the action from the stock and adjust one screw. You can’t over adjust it or otherwise make it unsafe. Just make sure you torque your stock bolts back to 60-65 inch pounds when you reassemble.

The limiting factor for smaller statured folks on gunstocks is often the trigger reach distance. You may find that once that is resolved, you are less sensitive to the LOP. Both the RokStok and the KRG Bravo/Echo offer shorter trigger reaches. If you don’t mind a little extra weight, the KRG stocks may be the ticket. They offer a 1.7” trigger reach and adjustment of LOP, comb height, butt pad height, and they are inexpensive. The Echo is new this year. I think it’s 2.5-2.75#.
I agree, but never pinned down that detail until getting a bravo, I thought i preferred a LOP under 13”, once I got the bravo set up to be easiest to get behind from all positions, I’m right about 14” LOP on it. Surprised me