Tikka build - stock advice

Thanks.

Looking for something other than a full stock pack to raise comb height on a standart T3x stock. Have vetwrap on it now but need quite a bit. Will find some athletic mat material and cut a strip if nothing else.

I use a Bradley. It’s nit permanent but is rock solid. I’ve been super happy with it. It’s adjustable snd durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dec0y

FNG
For those with McMillan or the Mesa stocks--how much room is there in the barrel channel to upgrade to a pre-fit in the future?

I'm in the same boat as Tayler--currently running the factory sporter barrel but would want to upgrade to a Proof SS or carbon pre-fit in the future and don't want to buy a stock twice.

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
I put an OEM T3 adj stock my my T3 superlite. While it's no fancy chassis, it's pretty good for the weight. An adjustable comb is a necessity for me.

Lawnboi

WKR
For those with McMillan or the Mesa stocks--how much room is there in the barrel channel to upgrade to a pre-fit in the future?

I'm in the same boat as Tayler--currently running the factory sporter barrel but would want to upgrade to a Proof SS or carbon pre-fit in the future and don't want to buy a stock twice.
Speaking only for mcmillan. Your going to want the game warden. The only difference between the scout and the warden is the foreend width. The warden is not at all uncomfortable, but not quite as slim as the game scout. The warden is designed for thicker barrels, the scout won’t take a fat carbon barrel well.

Antares

WKR

It depends which McMillans you're looking at. Game Hunters and Game Wardens have a wider forends than the Game Scouts.

The Hunter and Warden can both take Sendero and Lite Sendero contours and the Scout cannot. Just talk to McMillan before you order.

VAwild21

FNG
Back in December, I was told by Grayboe that they would be offering Tikka inlets again "very, very soon"

Its been a month since that communication, so I'm not sure how much longer to hold my breath.
I texted the Grayboe number on Sunday and asked about the Tikka stocks. I received a response back that the Phoenix stocks were being released any day now and the Renegade’s will be released in March.

OutdoorAg

WKR
I texted the Grayboe number on Sunday and asked about the Tikka stocks. I received a response back that the Phoenix stocks were being released any day now and the Renegade’s will be released in March.
Good to know. Hopefully we see some of the sporter style stocks as well.

OP
TaylerW

TaylerW

FNG
Update. Spoke with Allterra a few times and they sold me. Using their bedding and recoil lug. Had a pic rail installed on the fore end for an atlas bipod. Snagged the rockslide self timing break. Mountain tactical metal, shroud and bolt handle

I can't seem to find the weight of the stock that comes with the t3x listed anywhere? Do you save any weight with the Mcmillan/Allterra/Mesa or is it just an improvement in fit and finish?

Also, I put a Limbsaver recoil pad on my stock t3x and really like the upgrade. Will that fit on any of the aftermarket stocks or would I have to buy another one? Thanks in advance!

Gorp2007

WKR
I can't seem to find the weight of the stock that comes with the t3x listed anywhere? Do you save any weight with the Mcmillan/Allterra/Mesa or is it just an improvement in fit and finish?

T3X factory stock with bottom metal removed and vertical grip installed is 29.2 oz on my kitchen scale.

Major improvement of fit, finish and rigidity.
T3X factory stock with bottom metal removed and vertical grip installed is 29.2 oz on my kitchen scale.
Thanks guys. I've got a stock Tikka t3x stainless light in 7mm RM. I was actually looking to buy a new gun in a different cartridge this year, either 7mm-08 or 280ai. But with the current ammo situation, and the fact that I'm stocked up on 7mmRM, maybe I should just do some work to the Tikka?

Considering:
Allterra stock and having them pillar bed
Mountain tactical bottom metal.

So I'd get better fit, finish, rigidity and maybe a bump in accuracy. Would I realize any weight savings with those upgrades? Just trying to justify spending money here......;)

dec0y

FNG
Im about to pull the trigger on a McMillian Game Warden for a Tikka build.
Did you end up going that way? I just got one and it fits me nearly perfectly.

I may try to go to Talley low rings to fine tune a bit but don't know if I can get away with that on a 44mm objective.

Antares

WKR
I bet you can. I've got extra low Talley rings on a 40mm objective with room to spare.

Attachments

• Capture_1.JPG
    Capture_1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 115

TacoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up going that way? I just got one and it fits me nearly perfectly.

I may try to go to Talley low rings to fine tune a bit but don't know if I can get away with that on a 44mm objective.

Was buying up components for a build, and came across a used 7SAUM tikka build last week and bought it. Lol. So now I’ve got a full build and parts for a 2nd build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecsn7d

FNG
McMillan Hunters Edge works great for my semi-custom .30-06 Tikka T3. I went with the High Desert Rifle Works bottom metal instead of Mountain Tactical.
Ok. I need all the details/upgrades on this rifle. I'm really liking this one. Please share!

AKborn87

FNG
Ok. I need all the details/upgrades on this rifle. I'm really liking this one. Please share!
I took a factory Tikka T3 in .30-06, and replaced the rings with Talley Low's and the metal bolt shroud with the Mountain Tactical shroud. Then I sent it to Steve Boswell who replaced the bottom metal with high desert rifle works bottom metal, replaced the barrel with a Hart stainless steel barrel, trued the action, cerakoted the action and barrel, and replaced the factory stock with a McMillan Hunters Edge. Comes in right at 6.5lbs unloaded and scoped.

ecsn7d

FNG
I took a factory Tikka T3 in .30-06, and replaced the rings with Talley Low's and the metal bolt shroud with the Mountain Tactical shroud. Then I sent it to Steve Boswell who replaced the bottom metal with high desert rifle works bottom metal, replaced the barrel with a Hart stainless steel barrel, trued the action, cerakoted the action and barrel, and replaced the factory stock with a McMillan Hunters Edge. Comes in right at 6.5lbs unloaded and scoped.
Sweet rig! Are you still running the factory OEM magazine?