Tikka CTR Comb/Cheek Riser

Rockwell

FNG
From the experience gained from others, did you find the comb on the stock CTR provided sufficient height for a low to medium raised scope? I ask as I have T3x stock that I'm debating which riser I may add as currently without it is a tad low. Looking for a riser as light as possible without the bulk of many of the stock packs that are on the market. Currently looking at the victory titan universal, ACCU Long Range cheek riser and the uber pricey tikka comb. Really like the look of the CTR but doubt it will provide the height I may need. Open for suggestions, thanks.

Last edited:

Piranha37

FNG
This is a more bulky riser, So may not be what you are looking for, but I’ve got a Bradley cheek rest on my Tikka that works perfectly. I can still get the bolt out with a little jimmying around.

KClark

WKR
CTR/Varmint cheek riser works really well, is dead simple to install, looks like it grew there and weighs next to nothing.
Probably the cheapest way to get one is buy a complete take-off CTR or Varmint stock. The T3 stocks usually go cheaper than the T3X types and the riser is the same.

OP
Rockwell

Rockwell

FNG
KClark you're hitting the points of why I'm considering that riser though had doubts that it would provide sufficient rise for my needs. The happy spot for me would be about 13mm of lift from what I've built up trying to figure this out. The cost, well expensive for what it is and what has held me back along with the possibility of it not providing the height needed, hence why I started this thread.

The bradley had been saved Piranha and seems to get great praise but it looks like Forrest Gumps leg clamps to me for some odd reason. Don't think I really want to strap that one on as I really want something more streamlined.

JoeDirt

WKR
I made my own out of Kydex and some 10# 3m Velcro. Pretty darn easy to make, adjustable and removable too.

1601834733396.png

1601834764112.png

OP
Rockwell

Rockwell

FNG
Looks good Joe, no issue with the velco adhesive sticking to the stock?

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I think the stock riser is too low to work well the rail and rings. I run scopes with 42mm objectives and found that low mount Talley integrated rings/bases work well with the stock riser and make a more compact package.

Dobermann

WKR
I'm in a similar boat ... importantly, I also read somewhere that the CTR stock with the adjustable riser was hollow, while the straight CTR stock (with the moulded-in low riser section) was filled.

95% sure I saw this on Tikka's own website, rather than internet rumour, and I'm not keen on the hollow stock. If anyone else finds out something about this, feel free to add to the thread, as it's possibly relevant for some of us ...

OP
Rockwell

Rockwell

FNG
Dobermann, I recall reading that as well somewhere concerning the CTR. It would seem that the foam is an insert that is removable just from a quick glance of my t3x but I didn't try to remove it when the pad was off. I could see how a foam insert might booger up the works of an internal adjustment mechanism if it got pinched in the operation of the riser.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I have that accuriser and I don't like it. It comes apart every shot for me. Maybe it would work better on a non-mag but 300win seems to be too much.

OP
Rockwell

Rockwell

FNG
JoeDirt/JGR have an extra you want to release....that looks like it would suit what I have in mind.

Dobermann

WKR
Apologies for the slight threadromancy, but I found the reference on Tikka's website saying the adjustable stocks are not foam-filled - it's right in their main list of features:

STOCK NOISE REDUCTION​

Be as silent as the forest. T3x synthetic stocks now have a foam insert within the interior of the rear stock – this lowers the stock-generated noise and can help you keep your target in sight. Not available for models with an adjustable cheek piece.

Has anyone ever removed the factory cheek riser on a CTR? How do you remove the plastic plug? I'd like to install the mountain tacital cheek riser on my CTR stock. Thanks

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up having to punch a small hole in the top of the plug and then prying it out, but you might have success with a pair of needle nose pliers or forceps. Then all you need is a #2 phillips screwdriver to remove the screw.

I ended up having to punch a small hole in the top of the plug and then prying it out, but you might have success with a pair of needle nose pliers or forceps. Then all you need is a #2 phillips screwdriver to remove the screw.

Thanks. What did you install in its place?

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
I was removing it and the vertical grip from a CTR stock that I'm tossing. Both the cheekpiece and the vertical grip are going on a standard Lite stock.