Tikka KRG Bravo - CTR Mag Keeps Falling Out

TX_Diver

WKR
I searched for this and tried the recommended fixes (adjusting the trigger guard and also loosening the forestock and sliding it back before re-tightening) w/ no luck.

Are there any other fixes or ideas that I can try to keep the mag from falling out? It only falls out from recoil, I can't pull the mag out or recreate the problem in a vacuum so far.

Thanks!

See if KRG can send you some new springs for the mag catch. The spring might be weak. I had a similar issue and the Mountain Tactical trigger spring for Tikkas works perfect for the KRG Bravo mag catch and will hold the magazine.

You have a spring issue.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
See if KRG can send you some new springs for the mag catch. The spring might be weak. I had a similar issue and the Mountain Tactical trigger spring for Tikkas works perfect for the KRG Bravo mag catch and will hold the magazine.

You have a spring issue.
I have an extra MT trigger spring. If that's the same as the mag catch spring I'll swap it and see what happens later.

Thanks!

I have an extra MT trigger spring. If that's the same as the mag catch spring I'll swap it and see what happens later.

Thanks!

Yes that is exactly what I used and you will see it is beefier than the factory spring. Post an update. I had the EXACT same issue wwith a Bravo and the MT spring fixed it.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Popped out the factory spring and it looks a lot heavier than the MT spring...

Is this what yours looked like?

MT spring on left, factory KRG spring on right.

KI0a4jJh.jpg

Kimmo H

FNG
I had the exact same issue on my 6,5 Creedmoor, and it nearly drove me crazy.
Fixed it by grinding the trigger guard holes oval to make the mag fit even tighter. It fits nice and snug now, but the mag won't fall out on its own for a quick mag change if that matters to you. Not nice for PRS and such, but works very well in hunting and general range shooting, and all my mags are so similiar in size that they all work and fit great.
I used a round file to remove about 0.5mm of material from the holes.

I have shot around 300-400 rounds now with the Bravo after the initial fitting. So far no issues with the mag dropping out, and it feeds smooth as well.

Popped out the factory spring and it looks a lot heavier than the MT spring...

Is this what yours looked like?

MT spring on left, factory KRG spring on right.

KI0a4jJh.jpg

Wait, you 100% sure you didn’t get those swapped up?

Or maybe it’s me. Maybe I took the factory Tikka spring and used it. That spring on the right looks heavier than the factory spring for the mag latch on my KRG Bravo that was giving me trouble.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Wait, you 100% sure you didn’t get those swapped up?

Or maybe it’s me. Maybe I took the factory Tikka spring and used it. That spring on the right looks heavier than the factory spring for the mag latch on my KRG Bravo that was giving me trouble.
Yep. The MT spring is still in the packaging.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Finally got ahold of KRG, tried calling multiple times then finally sent an e-mail and got a same day response.

They confirmed it was probably the mag spring and said they'd send 2 out for me to drop in. They shipped same day even.