Tikka stock options.

cjcavinaw

FNG
I know tikka builds have been talked over and over but I cant seem to find much info on a stock (not a chassis as I already have one and prefer stock for this build) for a Tikka that has a non Tikka bottom metal inlet. Im looking to build a crossover hunting/nrl hunter (open light) rig that accepts AICS mags but can't seem to find much info. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The tikka/aics bottom metals such as mtn tactical Ive seen use a ctr inlet with no modifications. There may be others that require a modification or their own inlet, but Im not aware of that.

McMillan offers factory or M5 inlets for a Tikka, as does Manners.

Mesa precision makes a stock with the CTR bottom metal inlet which will work with the mountain tactical AICS bottom metal mentioned above.

Redsnake Tactical makes a short action DBM bottom metal that uses a Accuracy International AE MKi .308 Magazine (#AI-4267). They also make a LA version that uses AICS mags.

All that being said, I have yet to find a setup that matches a good aluminum factory pattern bottom metal (Mountain Tactical, Mesa Precision, etc) and a 5 round factory Tikka mag for function and overall use. AICS mag set ups rattle quite a bit and are not conducive to carrying the rifle in hunting situations. Plus, metal mags are cold in the hand. If you are looking for more mag space, a quick modification with a round file to the front of a factory mag will give you the space you need.

The Mesa precision stocks seem pretty nice. If I’m correct they’re made by ag “correct me if I’m wrong.” If they indeed are, I love the ag stock on my waypoint.

Back