Tikka t3 lite .308 bullet options

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Besides reloads what have you folks found works well out of these.

I do reload, but always try factory options just incase somthing happens and im out of town. Etc.

Mine shoots the hornady superformance 150sst exrreamly well, i just hate the projectile. Shot somw whitetails with them and wasnt impressed.

That is about all i can get locally going to order in some difderent hunting styles

. I use 165 noslers now with varget 42.3gr rem brass

TauPhi111

WKR
As always I'll throw in a vote for Barnes. I shoot the 168 TTSX in my 30-06 and it shoots sub MOA. It also comes in a factory load.

My 308 is an older A-Bolt and shooting the 168 grain TTSX factory Barnes is the most accurate rifle I own. Shoots the 150’s sub MOA but the 168’s to .5 MOA consistently.

My sons T3 308 loves the Fusion 150 grain. That's all he has used for deer and it's a tack driver. He wants to try some Federal Trophy Bonded Tips in 165 this summer to see how they shoot. The 180 TBTs shoot awesome in my Browning HC Speed 30 06.

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
mine shoots the nosler trophy grade 165 gr. accubond really good along with the Barnes TTSX 168 gr

16Bore

WKR
If it says “308 Win” on the box, it’ll likely shoot fine in a Tikka.

My tikka 308 is a pretty good shooter all around but it seems to favor lighter bullets. I shy away from 180s in favor of 150s and 168s.

Mine likes the Hornady Superperformance in 150gr the best. Killed two mule deer dead with them so far. I'm going to keep using them.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
If it says “308 Win” on the box, it’ll likely shoot fine in a Tikka.

Thats been my experience. Id just like to find something besides the hornady sst that does nearly as well as my reloads. Ive shot some deer with those and was not impressed. Fragment to much for my liking.

Ive been happy with the 165 gr nosler bt reloads as stated above.

Just looking to try a new flavor of coolaid is all. And in a pinch its nice tobhave something that would need minimal adj if the problem arises.

TreyPound

FNG
My T3 in .308 put 3 touching yesterday with fgmm 168 at 100 yds. Stayed around 3" at 300 after allowing the barrel to cool.
YMMV but fgmm is always my starting point with a .308. If your hunting, look at pics of animals dropped with SMK and other match bullets.
BTW. Sounds like a perfect rig to get going with.

Thats been my experience. Id just like to find something besides the hornady sst that does nearly as well as my reloads. Ive shot some deer with those and was not impressed. Fragment to much for my liking.

Just looking to try a new flavor of coolaid is all. And in a pinch its nice tobhave something that would need minimal adj if the problem arises.

Are you hitting bone? I've pulled tidy little copper/lead wads from between the backside hide and ribs more than once. One I saved intending to weigh but just never have, because why does it matter, if they're going to do that I'll keep using them. I did hit one buck this year in the spine (my fault) and it exploded it pretty well, lost about a 1/3 of each backstrap. I find though if I hit them where I'm trying to they do quite well.

16Bore

WKR

Barnes 130’s rate a thought.

TreeDog

FNG
Mine loves the 165 SGK's. 45.5 gr of Varget in Winchester brass gets me 0.5 moa. I will say that I haven't killed anything with that particular bullet, but a buddy of mine used the same bullet in Federal factory ammo to get his muley last year and it held together well. Dead deer without a mess.

sdupontjr

WKR
Older thread but on same topic. Has anyone tried the 125gr nosler BT in their tikka t3? My Rem 700 308 drives tacks with these things, but haven't loaded any for the Tikka yet.