Tikka T3 Torque Specs

mt100gr.

WKR
I have found a few sources, some similar results, some different. My question for you Tikka "tuners/tweakers" is: what torque specs do you use for action screws? Rails? Scope rings?

Have you had better accuracy with an individual rifle by changing/ adjusting these?

Thanks.

colonel00

WKR
Heh, I was just looking this up last night myself. Looking forward to what others might suggest. Here is the basic info I was able to scrounge from the intergoogle. Torque on the action screws was suggested anywhere from 35-52 in/lbs. I will stay closer to 35-40.

Tikka action bolts - 35-40 in/lbs

Talley Rings:
base to receiver:20-25in/lbs
ring halves:15-20in/lbs

Also, I am trying to go back and find this one video where a guy used two different torque settings for each of the action bolts as he said "his rifle like it better that way". I guess if you have the time and money for ammo you can experiment with all sorts of variables. Personally I figure the gun will out-shoot me with pretty much any torque settings so I'm not too worried about finding the absolute perfect setting.

dotman

WKR
I know McMillian recommends 40-45 in/lbs on their stocks, not sure if this translates to what most recommend for actions.

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
Heh, I was just looking this up last night myself. Looking forward to what others might suggest. Here is the basic info I was able to scrounge from the intergoogle. Torque on the action screws was suggested anywhere from 35-52 in/lbs. I will stay closer to 35-40.

Tikka action bolts - 35-40 in/lbs

Talley Rings:
base to receiver:20-25in/lbs
ring halves:15-20in/lbs

Also, I am trying to go back and find this one video where a guy used two different torque settings for each of the action bolts as he said "his rifle like it better that way". I guess if you have the time and money for ammo you can experiment with all sorts of variables. Personally I figure the gun will out-shoot me with pretty much any torque settings so I'm not too worried about finding the absolute perfect setting.

Thanks guys. I think we must be finding the same info. That video your looking for is from Mtn. Tactical. Search Tikka T3 stock swap in YouTube. He goes with 40 inlbs in the rear action screw and 35 inlbs in the front.

Nuke Man

WKR
Always follow ring manufacturers torque settings. These vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. As far as action torque I've done a few different torque and have not seen a difference. I torque front and rear to 40 inch pounds. I use a mountain tactical gen 2 base with seekins precision rings. I torqued the pic base to I believe 30 inch pounds but remember it has a machined recoil lug that fits perfectly into the upper receiver so you don't need to really torque it much. Ring bases are 55 inch pounds and caps are 20 inch pounds.

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
I got the same specs from mtn tactical and vortex has specs listed for rings, etc. I was mostly wondering on the action screws and if anyone had noticed any difference when adjusting them individually. Thanks for your info Nuke Man.