Tikka T3x Dovetail Scope Mounts

jrlars9

FNG
Hey guys, I'm looking for scope mounts for my recently purchased Tikka T3x Lite Stainless in 7mm Mag. My scope is a Vortex Viper PST Gen II FFP 3-15x44, 30mm tube.

I've read some good things about the Sportsmatch TO84 being mounted to T3x rifles. Given the T3x's 16.5mm dovetail, I would think that there would be fit issues since the TO84 is made for a 15mm dovetail.

Am I missing something on the sizing of the dovetail/mounts?

My apologies if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!

JGRaider

WKR
I've been shooting Tikkas for over 20 years, and the Sportsmatch rings are my favorite. Great stuff. Get the TO84 for 15mm dovetail.

davescarp

WKR
The TO-84 is the right mount for a Tikka provided you're not putting a huge diameter optic in it.

Shane431

FNG
in my opinion they are very good. Only set I’d use instead of using a picatinny rail and rings.

To be honest, until this thread, I never heard of sportsmatch. Are they any good for a set of rings under 40 bucks.

They get very high praise from guys that know what they’re talking about, here and other forums. I’ve got them on two different rifles and agree. They have been bombproof, lightweight, and trouble free. Plus they get a 42mm objective scope nice and low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohearchai

FNG
They get very high praise from guys that know what they’re talking about, here and other forums. I’ve got them on two different rifles and agree. They have been bombproof, lightweight, and trouble free. Plus they get a 42mm objective scope nice and low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I might have a few decent sets of rings and bases lying about. The only place I saw any reviews on em was here. And as for sellers, mostly airgun retailers. Not knocking em, but I putting a 1500 buck scope in a 40 buck set of rings on a 2k rifle, well doesnt compute for me, I have Hawkins coming for my Tikka, before that used Seekins. Like ARC m10 and BO to be honest,
but wanted something a little more hunting orientated for my hunting rig.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
To be honest, I might have a few decent sets of rings and bases lying about. The only place I saw any reviews on em was here. And as for sellers, mostly airgun retailers. Not knocking em, but I putting a 1500 buck scope in a 40 buck set of rings on a 2k rifle, well doesnt compute for me, I have Hawkins coming for my Tikka, before that used Seekins. Like ARC m10 and BO to be honest,
but wanted something a little more hunting orientated for my hunting rig.

I guarantee you Hawkins, or any other system that uses conventaional top screws, will fail before Sportsmatch. Four tiny screws and friction versus a clamp and integrated rail. Now this isn’t a knock really in Hawkins, but a reality. The gun has an integrated rail... why would we not use it?

There’s a few historical things for context- Sportsmatch were the ring/mounting system for the original AI sniper weapon system- one of the most, if not THE most reliable and durable rifles ever made. Second, airguns in the US are generally viewed as toys and junk. In the UK they are as serious about airguns as Americans are about PRS rifles. Third, no one was more suspicious of SM than I, and it wasn’t until someone pointed out the AI connection that I tried them. After purposely trying to break them with outright abuse for a couple thousand rounds, I and most I hunt with replaced everything with Sportsmatch.

If there were a better mount system for Tikkas for general use, I would simply use it.

Ohearchai

FNG
I guarantee you Hawkins, or any other system that uses conventaional top screws, will fail before Sportsmatch. Four tiny screws and friction versus a clamp and integrated rail. Now this isn’t a knock really in Hawkins, but a reality. The gun has an integrated rail... why would we not use it?

There’s a few historical things for context- Sportsmatch were the ring/mounting system for the original AI sniper weapon system- one of the most, if not THE most reliable and durable rifles ever made. Second, airguns in the US are generally viewed as toys and junk. In the UK they are as serious about airguns as Americans are about PRS rifles. Third, no one was more suspicious of SM than I, and it wasn’t until someone pointed out the AI connection that I tried them. After purposely trying to break them with outright abuse for a couple thousand rounds, I and most I hunt with replaced everything with Sportsmatch.

If there were a better mount system for Tikkas for general use, I would simply use it.
Well for the price well worth a try

OP
J

jrlars9

FNG
Thanks for all the information guys. I ended up going with the TO84s, and they have been treating me well at the range so far. As mentioned above, the fit was great on my T3x. I'm looking forward to trying them out in the field this fall!

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I guarantee you Hawkins, or any other system that uses conventaional top screws, will fail before Sportsmatch.
@Formidilosus, the TO84 are not high enough for my NF 50mm bell w/ Proof Sendero. What would you recommend as an alternative w/o installing a pic rail?