Tikka T3X: it's happening.....

Sandstrom

WKR
Same here, thats what I was told.
I wanted to make sure I was giving correct information so I double checked. I just got off the phone with the tech dept at Beretta USA and they confirmed. They are regular steel and not stainless.
Ryan

SDHNTR

WKR
Nice, looks like a stock pack is in order though to get proper weld with that scope. Have you shot it prone?

OP
LightFoot

LightFoot

WKR
Nice, looks like a stock pack is in order though to get proper weld with that scope. Have you shot it prone?
Not much prone. But I have put a few rounds through it...
8acfef15253f495d88712cad8f3188c6.jpg
c685c6e402be9ad6448e634717ef2c79.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I called Beretta a few months ago and the CS rep told me they were steel. But I didn’t trust the information so I went to a local shop and removed the brake on three rifles. Absolutely stainless. Go check them out and I think you’ll find they’re stainless, unless they’re putting out a mix of them. My local scheels has a pile of them. @LightFoot, if you ever want to sell that rugged ridge rear rest at a reasonable price I’m interested! Real nice buck!!

Last edited:
I called Beretta a few months ago and the CS rep told me they were steel. But I didn’t trust the information so I went to a local shop and removed the brake on three rifles. Absolutely stainless. Go check them out and I think you’ll find they’re stainless, unless they’re putting out a mix of them. My local scheels has a pile of them. @LightFoot, if you ever want to sell that rugged ridge rear rest at a reasonable price I’m interested! Real nice buck!!
I’m debating buying one but this is the issue I am running into as well, getting mixed info that the material is steel from some people and stainless from others. Where I am located, I don’t have the luxury of putting eyes on one without ordering online. If it’s stainless and cerakote that would be best and that’s what I’d spend the 1200$ on. Tikka is hard to get in contact with as you all know lol. Might just go with the t3x lite stainless. Thank you all

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m debating buying one but this is the issue I am running into as well, getting mixed info that the material is steel from some people and stainless from others. Where I am located, I don’t have the luxury of putting eyes on one without ordering online. If it’s stainless and cerakote that would be best and that’s what I’d spend the 1200$ on. Tikka is hard to get in contact with as you all know lol. Might just go with the t3x lite stainless. Thank you all

I have one, as does my hunting buddy. He once looked up that it was stainless and sent me a picture, but I can’t seem to find it now. The cerakote color is not “stainless” it’s desert verde for the alpine and midnight bronze for the wide land. So not sure why a previous poster was saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LightFoot

LightFoot

WKR
I still love this thing…
UM rings and hunter’s rail.
This rifle is just as good as my custom rifles at less than 1/2 the cost. Only limitation is the magazine and twist but 185 bergers will get the job done on anything up to 600.

174151258929c1c507abdeff2043b8f8.jpg

>>>——JAKE——>

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
622ED0C9-2A71-4F37-B858-0F37797899AD.jpeg
Bought this run of the mill left hand Tikka T3x, excited to give her a try when I have a free day off work!