Tikka T3x - Leupold 2pc rail

SDHNTR

WKR
Am I the only one that would prefer to use Weaver rings with a Weaver base (like that one)? Or not use a Weaver set up at all. And instead use a real 1913 spec’d rail (1 or 2 pc) and real pic rings? Base and rings designed to actually work together, not just forced to work. Just seems more logical, and therefore secure, to me.

grfox92

WKR
I have similar 2pc bases on a LA Savage 110 and there isn't enough ring spacing to fit my new Burris. Something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

hiker270

WKR
2 pc. rails have been around for a long time. Had Weaver 2 pc. on a lot of rifles with no issues. The only thing it does is possibly limit the amount you can move your scope front or back as a full rail gives you more ring slots.

OP

SDHNTR

WKR
2 pc. rails have been around for a long time. Had Weaver 2 pc. on a lot of rifles with no issues. The only thing it does is possibly limit the amount you can move your scope front or back as a full rail gives you more ring slots.
A weaver base is not a two piece rail. That was my point earlier. If you want a 2 piece rail, get a true 2 piece pic rail, not a Weaver base.

If you are going to use a rail on a Tikka, get one that uses the recoil slot. I never recommend two piece attachments. Too easy to mess something up, get them out of alignment and then damage your scope during install. Also, as pointed out, with the ones you linked to you are married to a specific ring spacing which may or may not work with your scope.

Just get one of these and be done with it: https://www.mountaintactical.com/shop/raptor-mount-30mm-medium-0-moa

Yes, it is more expensive than the Sportsmatch rings, but it has the benefit of using the receiver dovetail with the added benefit of using the recoil slot.