Tikka

Erev803

FNG
Why can’t Tikka make a t3x lite with a threaded and cerakoted barrel?! The Bergara ridge and wilderness ridge are exactly what I’m looking for except it’s a Bergara and not a Tikka. I’m not interested in playing 21 ammo to find what it may or may not shoot.
Can the SS barrel on the lite be cut and threaded or would it be better to cerakote a roughtech. I’d like a 20 inch barrel to put a can on.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Why can’t Tikka make a t3x lite with a threaded and cerakoted barrel?! The Bergara ridge and wilderness ridge are exactly what I’m looking for except it’s a Bergara and not a Tikka. I’m not interested in playing 21 ammo to find what it may or may not shoot.
Can the SS barrel on the lite be cut and threaded or would it be better to cerakote a roughtech. I’d like a 20 inch barrel to put a can on.
The lite cuts and threads fine. You just have to select threads that leave enough shoulder. It will also cerakote fine if you prefer that look.

You will have to use an adapter to have adequate shoulder for 5/8-24 threads, but you can go for a rocksett precision armament adapter for $30 or a permanent adapter by someone like Kampfeld Customs.

A stainles T3x lite from Gunzone deals for about $730, with spending about $200 to cut, thread, install an adapterm; and $200 to cerate will cost about the same as a D18 or Veil and give you the barrel length you want.

Get a blued T3x and you can probably cut $100 off that price.

You will have to use an adapter to have adequate shoulder for 5/8-24 threads, but you can go for a rocksett precision armament adapter for $30 or a permanent adapter by someone like Kampfeld Customs.

Pretty sure that Karl does a permanent collar which gives the shoulder, not an adapter.

The whole thing is threaded at 5/8-24, just a bit long. The collar is threaded on and set with red loctite. It is then machined to contour and faced so that the shoulder is perpendicular to the bore.
That is how Mountain Industrial did mine. That is a standard SS T3 Lite barrel cut at 20" and threaded.

IMG-3102.jpg

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
The lite cuts and threads fine. You just have to select threads that leave enough shoulder. It will also cerakote fine if you prefer that look.

A stainles T3x lite from Gunzone deals for about $730, with spending about $200 to cut, thread, install an adapterm; and $200 to cerate will cost about the same as a D18 or Veil and give you the barrel length you want.

Get a blued T3x and you can probably cut $100 off that price.
Thank you

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
Pretty sure that Karl does a permanent collar which gives the shoulder, not an adapter.

The whole thing is threaded at 5/8-24, just a bit long. The collar is threaded on and set with red loctite. It is then machined to contour and faced so that the shoulder is perpendicular to the bore.
That is how Mountain Industrial did mine. That is a standard SS T3 Lite barrel cut at 20" and threaded.

View attachment 635726
Thank you

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
Tikka T3X Lite Veil Alpine
Tikka T3X Lite Veil Wideland
Tikka T3X D18

Those are all cerakoted and threaded stainless. Love my Veil Alpine.
That’s the first time I’ve seen the D18. Thanks. I’ll check it out.

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
Tikka T3X Lite Veil Alpine
Tikka T3X Lite Veil Wideland
Tikka T3X D18

Those are all cerakoted and threaded stainless. Love my Veil Alpine.
That’s the first time I’ve seen the D18. Thanks. I’ll check it out.

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
Yeah they are good looking units. They have a good lil price tag with them too. I was more so talking about barrel lengths for a can. The Bergara is $850 with an 18 or 20 inch threaded and cerakoted barrel. The tikkas are 22.4 inch barrel then a can and it’s a damn broom stick. Your $400 more for the same option on the tikka.
My veil 6.5 prc has both. 🤷

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Then buy the Bergara.

Whishing Tikka made the gun exactly how you want will change nothing.

Cerakote does not cover what really matters, being the chamber and bore. Cerakoting cromolly for corrosion protection is only cosmetic. If corrosion is a concern, get stainless, and if you don't like the look, pay to have it cerakoted or rattle can it. Or, get cromolly and have it nitrided or chrome lined.

CZ makes rifles with a nitrided finish from the factory, you can get a 308 with a 5/8-24 threaded 20 inch barrel for $450 after mail in rebate right now. Even has an integrated pic rail.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah they are good looking units. They have a good lil price tag with them too. I was more so talking about barrel lengths for a can. The Bergara is $850 with an 18 or 20 inch threaded and cerakoted barrel. The tikkas are 22.4 inch barrel then a can and it’s a damn broom stick. Your $400 more for the same option on the tikka.
There is 6.5 and 308 Roughtech on sale online for $879 right now. Because of the price I’m going to be adding one to the fleet

Smooch

FNG
You can send it to LRI and have it shortened and threaded. Cost is $175+ shipping. I just called them and asked the same question.

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
There is 6.5 and 308 Roughtech on sale online for $879 right now. Because of the price I’m going to be adding one to the fleet
Where at online good sir? Definitely interested in the 308 at that price point.

OP
E

Erev803

FNG
You can send it to LRI and have it shortened and threaded. Cost is $175+ shipping. I just called them and asked the

You can send it to LRI and have it shortened and threaded. Cost is $175+ shipping. I just called them and asked the same question.
That’s good to know. Thanks. I’ll have to check on LRI shop. Don’t know anything about them.