Time is growing short

Opah

WKR
Well I will have 3 days for my Doe bowl, this coming Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, after that it's up to the Ranch for 4 days of pig Hunting.
First time out with my newly acquired pop up trailer, should be decent weather to shake it out, going to be cold but not freezing.
(Reminder to self: put new pins that write on the waxy tags)
Hoping to Close out my year with some tender Muley doe meat and a couple decent pigs, need to rotate my freezer meat and have a really nice family BBQ.
This year has really been chaotic, it would be great to end it in some serious reports from my BOSS !

Azone

WKR
The hogs have been very plentiful in my neck of the woods lately. Passed up a few last week do to the fact they were boars and I really don’t care to play boar roulette seeing if they’re going to be tasty or just plain ol tough and nasty. As soon as a nice fat sow slips up and gets caught in the wrong spot at the wrong time it will be shooting time. A fat doe would definitely be a nice addition to the freezer. Good luck.

I gotta ask what state are you stacking mule deer and wild hogs?! Very jealous so please think of the rest of us when you’re pulling the trigger 🤣

OP
O

Opah

WKR
California, ya I know , but its not all bad.
just got to stay away from the hoards, be ready to move and find new hunting areas as the one you loved gets overran by Looney tunes and / or anti hunters.
Took me several years finding my Doe bowl I really am hoping to take my first archery deer this year. Need to retire my old pro line and move my grandson and I up into some smaller faster bows.
I got lucky getting introduced to the owners of the Ranch I pig hunt at, it is central California a 5 hour trip from my home, very nice people and good to great pig hunting
the Boar in my picture was my first ever wild boar, going to make him a euro mount one day. Thinking of digging up an old chest freezer and raising beatles, figure there are plenty of hunters that would love a squeaky cleaned skull or Bobcat skeleton.

Last edited: