Tinnitus

Fowl Play

WKR
As hunters I’m sure there’s probably a higher percentage of us that deal with Tinnitus. I really wish I had an adult mentor in my hunting life that would have cautioned me on it as a kid. Years of mowing lawns as a high school job, tons of bird hunting, etc all with no hearing protection is a bad recipe.

Ive had it for years but it never was very bad. But the last few months it has really ramped up. Almost seemingly for no reason. Any loud noise at all will set it off bad, and it can be deafening. Even weirder as I have been rolling with extremely expensive in ears for about a year now to help preserve what I have left.

Anyone else had this happen? Not sure if it’s just age related or whatever. Checked the blood pressure, it’s not that.

I understand entirely. There was a lot of bird hunting, dozer operating and hours of helicopter time. I have some background sounds in my ears but my real loss are the high frequencies that correspond to really annoying women. Especially when they are pissed.

I understand horses best when they talk to me. They are comforting and calming.

Only occasional for me.

Hundreds of concerts, small engines, guns, power tools... I should be deaf.

I'm very conscious of not making it worse now. Less so at concerts... But still.

Last edited:

Legend

WKR
18 months into a constant ringing. I can't even get a physician to care. I have always hated loud noise and buy earplugs in bulk. But I did shoot at a lot of coyotes, deer, and other critters in high school without ear protection. .

I would pay stupid money to have had a supressor as a kid.

Mojave

WKR
There is also a thing called melodic hallucinations, or what is known as ear worms.

This also has something to do with hearing damage.

I hear calvary horns at night periodically for a few weeks every few months. Sometimes it is classical music.

My audiologist told me it is a normal part of hearing damage. She also said that if you are hearing music that has words to it, you should see a psychiatrist.

Yoder

WKR
Mine is pretty constant. No ear protection as a kid, working in factories for 30 years and power tools. I see all the infomercials for mystery herbs and vitamins. I'm sure cbd would fix it. The only thing that gives me a break from it is running a fan at night.

I have had it for a few years and mine is constant. It varies in volume and sometimes I barely notice it. Seems to be the worst when driving long distances. After an hour or two in the car it gets really loud.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mine has been around for a couple decades. Dehydration makes it worse and some meds make it worse, like NSAID's. My sister said that teeth whitening strips "gave" her tinnitus. I could see that. Hearing tests are tough. I always have to ask them to use the 3 beep tones instead of just the one long tone, because my tinnitus is about the same frequency as some of their test tones. I can usually hear the 3 tones with separation, but the long ones just sound like my tinnitus ramping up.

cnelk

WKR
Yep. Constant ringing. Thousands of rounds shootings guns, working construction, loud music.

Cant hear high pitched beeps or sounds

When I had Covid it really set it off

Two years ago I had my Eustachian tubes dilated due to pressure in my ears. My ENT doctor claimed it might help with the ringing and he was right. Not fully gone, but likely ~20% of what it was prior.

Still can’t hear a damn thing my wife says to me though.

No constant ringing me or noises for me. I do have some hearing loss for all the same reasons mentioned above except for concerts. Only been to one of those in my life and it was a cowboy country concert. 🤣

Ten Bears

WKR
Is this real? It looks like an ad you would see watching Jerry Springer.

It is actually. Shitty website. There are other compounds like it also probably with better websites. Just search for the compound name and it should come up.

I wanted to add that I get mine from a compounding pharmacy in Burbank CA that the Dr at UCLA sent me to. The link is for the same thing I take just from a different company. I have sent that to a few of my friends over the years to give them some help.

Last edited:

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Constant ringing. Thousands of rounds shootings guns, working construction, loud music.

Cant hear high pitched beeps or sounds

When I had Covid it really set it off

Lol, I had the opposite happen...completely disappeared for two days with my high fever.

wapitibob

WKR
68 and never had it till just over a year ago when I fireformed 60 pcs of brass. I had moved from a small 3 port brake to a big 5 port and didn't dbl up on ear protection. Constant ringing since that day. I now use a suppressor but the damage is done.