Titanium Mug Evernew Vs Toaks Vs Snow Peak

I have multiple titanium items but by far my favorite and one item i will take the weight penalty on is my double wall 450 snow peak mug.

Mosby

WKR
I prefer the MSR Titan Kettle. The SS X mug also nests perfectly inside with the Soto Windmaster. I prefer to have a separate mug for coffee....its that important. I also have a Primus Ti mug which is the exact same dimensions as the MSR Titan but a bit lighter. They are interchangeable. Looks like it was made by Toaks. I keep a Mini Bull Designs elite alcohol stove in it and use it as my ultra light kit.

If I bought something else, I would buy the Evernew fwiw.

Jtenkink

FNG
A bit of a sidetrack but related to mugs in the backcountry, I've got the mug over the stove system going on and I hate that when I make coffee it goes from scalding hot to ice cold way faster than I can drink it. any good suggestions on how to get some insulating qualities in the mug so it’s better for drinking out of without carrying an actual insulated mug? I’m sure there’s an obvious answer out there, I just end up drinking my coffee really fast but figure there has to be a better solution.

I have the generic version of the Toaks:

Core Element Dual Purpose Camping Mug or Pot with Lid​

It has been great. Plus, if was like $20 when I bought it. Now, they sell for $28.

A bit of a sidetrack but related to mugs in the backcountry, I've got the mug over the stove system going on and I hate that when I make coffee it goes from scalding hot to ice cold way faster than I can drink it. any good suggestions on how to get some insulating qualities in the mug so it’s better for drinking out of without carrying an actual insulated mug? I’m sure there’s an obvious answer out there, I just end up drinking my coffee really fast but figure there has to be a better solution.
almost posted new thread about this! sure is annoying. i guess i'll try not to BOAL (see what i did there?!!) the water, just get it hot. add coffee and let it sit for a minute or two? can't imagine bringing an extra cup to the backcountry... beer coozie-style thing would not fit over 750 ml Toaks mug and pot would be too hot to put it on anyway...

4th_point

WKR

almost posted new thread about this! sure is annoying. i guess i'll try not to BOAL (see what i did there?!!) the water, just get it hot. add coffee and let it sit for a minute or two? can't imagine bringing an extra cup to the backcountry... beer coozie-style thing would not fit over 750 ml Toaks mug and pot would be too hot to put it on anyway...
I looked for a small lightweight insulated bottle and couldn't find one, then I read a post by Andrew Skurka about using a 16 ounce Nalgene for coffee. I'm not a big fan of Nalgene bottles but it did the trick on my backpack hunt this year. It obviously can't keep coffee hot for very long, but sometimes insulated mugs work too well. Good enough for me, and I'd use it again.

Looking at picking up a titanium cup for when I'm using my woodstove, and not sure which size to get. I would prefer the smallest I can get away with, without being too small.. I don't want water boiling over while trying to heat it up.

Main uses will be heating water for a dehydrated meal and heating water for coffee, and maybe boiling a pack of ramen. The 550 is what I'm thinking.. a few Mountain House meals take 1 3/4 cups (415ml) and everything else takes less, so the cup would be 75% full at most.. I'm unsure if that's too close to full, or if that works just fine. Could bump up to a 600ml snowpeak, but not sure it would make much difference.

@BoscoBear9 do you ever wish your pot was a little bigger?

Trial153

WKR
For little weight and space difference bigger is better, much rather boil one pot for coffee and a meal vs two. 750 is about the smallest I would go at this point

Margoot

FNG
Toaks pots are good. I like the Evernew pots better because the lid sits more securely on the pot especially when packed. Also the Evernew pots are a bit wider and shallower and seem to store my stoves better because of the width.. But we use both. You can’t go wrong with the Toaks.

Looking at picking up a titanium cup for when I'm using my woodstove, and not sure which size to get. I would prefer the smallest I can get away with, without being too small.. I don't want water boiling over while trying to heat it up.

Main uses will be heating water for a dehydrated meal and heating water for coffee, and maybe boiling a pack of ramen. The 550 is what I'm thinking.. a few Mountain House meals take 1 3/4 cups (415ml) and everything else takes less, so the cup would be 75% full at most.. I'm unsure if that's too close to full, or if that works just fine. Could bump up to a 600ml snowpeak, but not sure it would make much difference.

@BoscoBear9 do you ever wish your pot was a little bigger?
I’ve really only used it to make ramen, areopress coffee, and mountain house meals. It’s worked for all of them but I do wish it held a little more water. Great compact set up but water capacity is definitely limited. Holds a smaller fuel canister, mini bic lighter, and brs stove. Lid just barely doesn't close flush but a rubber band around it and good to go. I’ve been happy with it. If you went with a little bigger pot/cup you could probably fit a heat sheild in there too.

JordanM

FNG
View attachment 379808
No experience with the others but my Tokas 550 nests a mini bic lighter, small fuel canister, and brs 3000T almost perfect. Lid a little off but a rubber band around it and good to go. Light weight compact package.
I concur and use the same setup except the MSR PR2 that won’t fit under the lid. One negative I haven’t heard anyone say is there are no measurements on the inside of the 550ml Toaks pot. I just measured water and then scratched the top and went back and labeled what the graduations were, but SnowPeak or Evernew or other sizes of Toaks may have then measurements in there already. Unless you are a godless savage and don’t measured your water out for freeze dried meals. Then there is no saving you(hope the sarcasm comes through :) )

I’ve really only used it to make ramen, areopress coffee, and mountain house meals. It’s worked for all of them but I do wish it held a little more water. Great compact set up but water capacity is definitely limited. Holds a smaller fuel canister, mini bic lighter, and brs stove. Lid just barely doesn't close flush but a rubber band around it and good to go. I’ve been happy with it. If you went with a little bigger pot/cup you could probably fit a heat sheild in there too.

I would most likely only use it off the woodstove for coffee in the morning (don't eat breakfast), on the random rare chance I wanted to heat something up for lunch (ramen), and then a dehydrated meal for supper. I doubt I'd use the burner much if any, but gotta have it with just in case.. My main concern was just if 1 3/4 cups would be too full that it would be boiling over and make a mess. And Peak (and several of the Mountain House) meals take even less water than 1 3/4, so it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem.

I concur and use the same setup except the MSR PR2 that won’t fit under the lid. One negative I haven’t heard anyone say is there are no measurements on the inside of the 550ml Toaks pot. I just measured water and then scratched the top and went back and labeled what the graduations were, but SnowPeak or Evernew or other sizes of Toaks may have then measurements in there already. Unless you are a godless savage and don’t measured your water out for freeze dried meals. Then there is no saving you(hope the sarcasm comes through :) )

It's my understanding that the toaks 550 now comes with graduation marks (both mLs and Ozs). I looked at the Snowpeak 600 but it didn't look like it had the measurements on the inside.