Titanium stove pipe extension?

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
I have a medium size titanium stove from seek outside with a 6ft pipe for my LBO setup. But I recently bought a 6 man tipi and now I need a longer stove pipe. I don't really want to buy an additional 8ft pipe. Was thinking about just trying to do a 2-3 foot extension to get the additional height I need. Any thoughts on this?

sneaky

"DADDY"
It will work as long as the end of the 6ft piece of pipe is outside of the stove jack. If it isn't it won't work. The stove jack material will just pull the short pipe out in high winds flapping up and down then you're screwed. Buy a new pipe if that's the case. Cheap insurance for piece of mind. Fyi, I have a 6ft pipe and a cheater pipe extension for my current setup, but my 6ft pipe clears the stove jack and I use the other piece to add a little height.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
M

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
It will work as long as the end of the 6ft piece of pipe is outside of the stove jack. If it isn't it won't work. The stove jack material will just pull the short pipe out in high winds flapping up and down then you're screwed. Buy a new pipe if that's the case. Cheap insurance for piece of mind. Fyi, I have a 6ft pipe and a cheater pipe extension for my current setup, but my 6ft pipe clears the stove jack and I use the other piece to add a little height.

What did you use for the cheater piece? I'm thinking is just adding. 2-3 section at the bottom - sounds like similar to what you're doing

sneaky

"DADDY"
What did you use for the cheater piece? I'm thinking is just adding. 2-3 section at the bottom - sounds like similar to what you're doing
I bought a 3ft piece of titanium pipe from Lite Outdoors. You could probably do it the way you're thinking, but you're going to have to do the cuts in the pipe for your damper to fit in. By far the easiest way to do it is to buy the right length pipe. I did one burn in mine to set the pipe, but I just don't care for the setup in reality. It sounded better in theory than in practice.