To the people of Wyoming...

JWP58

WKR
Thank you, you must be doing something right if the holiest himself Yvon Chouinard has this to say about the equality state....

"Wyoming is the most regressive, redneck state in the country"

"Dont even bother voting there...unless...because there's nobody to vote for. The conservative Republicans are gonna win"

" (Former Governor Matt Mead) Is a climate denier...(laughter)...no he is, total climate denier. He believes the future of Wyoming is coal...and you know he's lost in the last century"

The fine folks of Wyoming must be doing something right if that anti-hunter, elitist, billionaire, thinks it's a lost cause. I sure hope it stays that way!

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
I'm listening to the podcast too (20 min left). I sure haven't got any anti-hunter vibe from him.

Interesting that he lives 6 months in California and 6 months in Wyoming.

• Banned
OP
J

JWP58

WKR
I'm listening to the podcast too (20 min left). I sure haven't got any anti-hunter vibe from him.

Interesting that he lives 6 months in California and 6 months in Wyoming.

Pardon me, anti hunting he doesn't agree with....like charismatic mega fauna like cute cuddly grizzly bears.

robie

WKR
Keep it up Wyoming. I will never buy another piece of Patagonia. Sitka and Kuiu keep ripping off their designs, I'm good with it.

Oil and gas keep food on my table. People like him think the world's energy can come from wind and sun and the math just doesn't add up.

You may not like aspects of what we do but you love the results of what we produce. You want your house heated and you car to run.

He wants California to break off and form it's own country. Great! Don't ask the USA for power when you have rolling blackouts again.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
Keep it up Wyoming. I will never buy another piece of Patagonia. Sitka and Kuiu keep ripping off their designs, I'm good with it.

Oil and gas keep food on my table. People like him think the world's energy can come from wind and sun and the math just doesn't add up.

You may not like aspects of what we do but you love the results of what we produce. You want your house heated and you car to run.

He wants California to break off and form it's own country. Great! Don't ask the USA for power when you have rolling blackouts again.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Don't you know...energy comes out of those little plug thingies in the wall. You just plug in your tesla at night and the next morning...poof! Clean energy! Ugh, you ignorant oil and gas man.

NoWiser

WKR
Meh, I suspect the fine folks of Wyoming won't get their feelings too hurt by him. He definitely sounded elitist but he certainly didn't sound like an anti-hunter and how can you fault someone for starting successful companies and turning himself into a billionaire?

He came across as a kookie old guy who contradicted himself a lot. He didn't sound like someone I'd enjoy hanging out with but certainly didn't come across as an enemy to myself or my way of life. I don't own any Patagonia but can't say I'm less likely to buy it in the future after listening to the podcast.

Billinsd

WKR
Meh, I suspect the fine folks of Wyoming won't get their feelings too hurt by him. He definitely sounded elitist but he certainly didn't sound like an anti-hunter and how can you fault someone for starting successful companies and turning himself into a billionaire?
He seems like an elitist hypocrite. Nothing wrong with working hard and becoming a billionaire, though. I don't think anyone here criticizes him for being rich. Bill

I'd imagine its so he can declare residency for income purposes in Wyoming so he doesn't have to pay state income tax to California. The irony...
you would be wrong... from another article recently

"Jackson has boomed as a skiing and recreation town, as a national-park gateway, and as a tax haven for rich people attracted by Wyoming’s absence of a state income tax. Though probably eligible for residence, Chouinard would never consider such a thing. “Oh, God, no,” he says. “I happily pay my taxes.” "

Really guys? He IS a huge hunter. His family eats almost exclusively wild game....google it and stop bashing because he may have more progressive views on some things.
As for oil and gas and climate. There is an old saying "people like a simple lie rather than a complicated truth".

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I really need to consider moving to WY a little more seriously it sounds like. But I could only live there half the year........need my heat. But besides the cold and wind........sounds like a great place to live. We spent parts of August and September every year in WY when I was younger.

Really guys? He IS a huge hunter. His family eats almost exclusively wild game....google it and stop bashing because he may have more progressive views on some things.
As for oil and gas and climate. There is an old saying "people like a simple lie rather than a complicated truth".
yah, his philanthropy toward things WE ALL love is hard to match too. He lives very simple He does not act like a rich snob. he gives tons of money to wildlife and resource protection and public land protection. I will buy patagonia whenever i can afford it. (which is rare). The best part about it is through Patagonia he has found a way to extract money from people who would likely never give a dime toward wildlife protection and he uses that money to put toward wildlife/land protection.