Tonight on 60 minutes

Scoot

WKR
O & G you are the OG when it comes to wolf killin'!!! Awesome pics and thread!

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
This is the best thread on rokslide. Never been more envious. Congrats on stacking them up? You’ve been doing this awhile huh.

Original Gangster.

It's a good thing.

slang. : someone or something that is an original or originator and especially one that is highly respected or regarded

Hudsy

FNG
Those things are unreal. Living in the Midwest I don’t get to see beasts like these. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I like a 270. Several wolves have been shot incidental to hunting big game. I’ve used on wolves a 17hmr (1) 204 (3) many with a 220 swift, used a 264 a fair bit. A half dozen or so with a 30-06 and about the same with a 300 wsm and one with a 300 weatherby. Lately a very accurate 7mm rem mag has tipped over a few of them.

Sorry to bother you with this question brother, but for the .17 HMR shot, was that like base of ear? Or Heart/Lung? Just asking because because I don't know how sturdy/tough the ribs on a wolf are. But I do know I've seen some amazing animals taken with the lil .17 HMR.

BTW... have you had a chance to try the new Hornady NTX 35gr load for .223 Rem? After my result on a coyote, I would not be surprised if it'd just as easily take out a wolf. They have it going 4000fps! Double lung shot and on the exit it clipped some bone, so exit was like...a teensy bit more than a 50-cent piece coin. I was shocked! She was nice and healthy too had good thick coat on her already in Oct. And even some places of fat store. Anyway definitely check that round out!

Last edited:
OP
O

Old and gray

Lil-Rokslider
First and second shot hit the lungs and a long follow up. The 17 is what I had with me. Even the 204 is very marginal.