Top end bi-pods ??

Dcrafton

WKR
Dose anyone have knowledge of some of the high end bi-pods, looking to pick one up but not sure what one. ( atlas, gg&g) are just a couple I’m thinking of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I really like the Spartan Precision, light weight, easy connection without any bulk, and very stable. Also they are very active on the forum.

hwy1strat

WKR
The atlas is my absolute favorite. It is strong and awesome and very adaptable to whatever shooting situation you may be in. The old harris swivel bipods are really good too. I also have a spartan precision javelin bipod, but I don't really like it. This is my opinion and I seem to be the odd ball here. But I like keeping my bipod on my rifle and the way the legs are held open by a magnet is very flimsy and drives me nuts. I keep trying it, but it is not growing on me. The Rugged Ridge Bipod really has my interest and that will be the next purchase I make.

I have an atlas and a few Harris bipods. The atlas gets the nod for anything past about 200 yards. It is very well built.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like the rugged ridge bipod. I had the Javelin and hated it, sold it and never looked back, its light but IMO thats about all it had going for it.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have a Sako TRG 22/42 bipod that I like a lot but there are only a couple of rifles it will readily fit. There does appear to be a European company that makes an adaptor for the Sako bipod that fits on a Picatinny rail.

I have a couple of Harris bipods that I use on other rifles. If you decide to go the less expensive route with a Harris bipod, I would definitely get some type of lock like a pod lock.

I have used an Atlas bipod. I think it is quite an upgrade from the Harris, but I am not quite ready to mount a rail segment to my hunting rifles. I do like the foot options on the Atlas bipod.

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
Looking at what has been mentioned
Is it best for these to be mounted with a rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weaver

WKR
Harris bipod with the Alamo four star kit and spike feet is my favorite.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wright406

WKR
Look into the CkyePod. Recently bought out due to how much innovation is behind it. MDT currently owns the product. Have heard nothing but great things.

Reactions: XLR

FURMAN

WKR
The Modular Evolution or the Atlas would be my first two choices. I still can't decide which I prefer between the two. Other bipods are difficult to load which makes them less consistent for me.

duchntr

WKR
Im a big fan fan of the Harris bipods, just a real simple design not fiddly and always works. Ive got a javelin too and like it, but if you plan on shooting from your bipod a bunch Id suck up the weight penalty and go with one of the aforementioned options.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look into the CkyePod. Recently bought out due to how much innovation is behind it. MDT currently owns the product. Have heard nothing but great things.

The CykePod has been a new favorite on a number of our rifles since its release. But the Atlas has been tried and trued on many applications over the years. Thunderbeast Arms just released a new bipod that looks to be promising, but no first-hand experience, yet.

Lots of different options out there to hit certain price points and features. Even MagPul got into the bipod game last year, that comes in at a little over $100. But of course, features they polymer skin instead of a full aluminum design like many others.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've used and reviewed a few of them (Black Hawk, Harris, Rugged Ridge, Atlas, Modular Evolution, and Javelin. I have two favorites.

The Long Javelin is my choice for any type of backcountry hunt where weight is a concern. It is very simple and stable. I'm curious what issues you guys had who didn't like it?

The Modular Evolution is my choice if weight doesn't matter. I use it for long range competitions and hunting if I'm not walking far.

Atlas would be my third choice but I think the Modular Evolution is better for everything except possibly ruggedness due to the fact it does have carbon legs. I've used the heck out of mine though and have never had an issue. The first generation without the leg ferrals had the potential to split which mine did and was replaced free of charge.

Reactions: XLR

treillw

WKR
I have an atlas and a modular evolution. I bought the ME hoping to replace my atlas, because I like the idea of being able to carry the longer legs with on the mountain. You can put your pack under the back of the gun with the long legs on the front and get a pretty solid setup.

The atlas is a higher build quality. I haven't been as happy as I had hoped with the ME. There is definitely more slop and movement in the ME legs. The finish has also worn off of a lot of the metal parts after only around 6 days in the field.

Since the leg extensions are on the bottom of the ME leg, they get snowy when you set your rifle down. Quite often they freeze and it's a little bit of a production to get the legs to extend - as I found out this weekend while sneaking up on some elk. Maybe some Vaseline or something would help.

The other thing with the ME that is a little scary is that at some point this past weekend I was doing something (don't remember what exactly) and the entire leg came off in my hand. This is alarming, because I pass the rifle back and forth a lot to my wife and when she hands the gun back to me, I typically grab it by the bipod legs - a habit that I need to break.

Wish I could report better news about the ME and that atlas had extension legs. I do love the idea of the ME and will probably be keeping on my rifle for hunting this weekend as well, despite the things I mentioned.