Top Lid Reccomendations for Mystery Ranch Metcalfe

BigSky

WKR
Has anybody here tried any top lids with a Mystery Ranch Metcalfe other than the Mystery Ranch version. I'm thinking of keeping my Metcalfe and selling my Timberline. The only thing holding me back is that I don't have a top lid for my Metcalfe. I have tried the Mystery Ranch Day Pack Lid previously and just don't like it. It is too unwieldy and I just don't like it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I have the HPG Tarahumara and I put it on my Metcalf just to see if it would work... It worked very well with the right hardwear....

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
I have the HPG Tarahumara and I put it on my Metcalf just to see if it would work... It worked very well with the right hardwear....

By "with the right hardware", do you mean it does have the right/matching hardware or that you had to modify it/ad hardware? Thanks.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
By "with the right hardware", do you mean it does have the right/matching hardware or that you had to modify it/ad hardware? Thanks.

I did you use some Sea to Summit 1" buckles to make it work...

c5mrr270

WKR
The kifaru xtl might be a good option. Not sure if the buckles will work with each other or not.

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the MR blackjack lid that they sell separately from the Blackjack. Seemed like a better size, without all the straps and junk, and appeared that the buckles were correctly oriented for NICE usage. No experience, just assumptions.

chuckhanisch

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if that MR Blackjack lid would work with a Kifaru bag? I like the size, weight and the price is a little better than the other options.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Not sure. 340 cu in is really small though.

Small, but I'm not really looking for any volume. Heck, I'm thinking of checking to see if I can make my Kifaru Grab It work. The opening would be covered and if I need to implement the Grab it with its intended function, I can do so. Some good ideas here though.

c5mrr270

WKR
I won't be home until this weekend but when I get there I could tell you if the kifaru standard lid works.

The other day I was looking at MRs hot lid. Its only $25. I wondered about it on top of the nomad but it only comes in black. Only 200 CI but it provides a quick access pocket and top compression which is what I am looking for.