Top Three 2019 hunting buys (Game Changers)

lpmitch

FNG
Seek Cimmaron
Kuiu zip off bottoms
Crossover Stabilizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
1) XBolt Pro in 6.5 Creed topped with Leupold Mark 5 - For a sheep hunt, I love this setup
2) Kifaru Synthetic Slick Back - I am 6'5 and have never found a bag I really like until now.
3) Solo Hunter Rifle Cover - Durable, easy to use, and kept my rifle in great shape when weather was terrible.

manitou1

WKR
Gunslicker rifle cover: Used it every day on my WY hunt this year.
Trekking poles
Bark River Drop Point Hunter: I used to make custom knives before my neck injury, but this S30V blade is something else. I broke down and quartered four big game animals so far this season... including removing two heads and cutting legs off at knees and this knife still easily shaves hair after a hit on the ceramic steel. I don't know why they quit making them in this blade material, possibly cost and availability?

1. Bucket Filter system I designed and built - Unreal....so nice to always have 5 gallons of fresh water at any moment of the day at camp. Cant believe I have pumped water for years.
2. Swarovski 8X25 binos -great for eyeglass wearers.
3. Kenetrek Boots - I really like them.

I have a few items that I purchased this year but I haven’t used on any hunts until this weekend. So I’ll have to just list these as items I’ve bought this year that I think will make a big impact on my hunting experiences.
1- Seek Outside 6 man tipi and stove bundle
2- Butler Bags canvas sleeping bag for base camp
3- Scarpa Rebel K GTX boots

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
1. Upgraded shelter to a Hilleberg Nallo, we ran into some ugly weather (high winds, downpours, hail, snow( in the high country and it held up great. I don't think we would've been able to stay up there with much else

2. Prana zions. I see no need to spend $100+ on a Sitka, FL or Kuiu pant when the Zion runs $40-50 on sale

mlgc20

WKR
Here are two for me...

1) Cabela's Big Horn III Tent - This thing is huge and sturdy. Loved being spoiled with the extra space.
2) Kuiu Zip-Off Bottoms - Very wide range of comfortable temps. And easy to take off if you need to. I used them last week in Colorado with temps from the mid teens up to the high 60's.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin InReach
Hoyt RX3
Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault
***Special Recognition: one or two slices of stuffed Papa Murphy's pizza for "real food"....not new for 2019, but a staple on big day hunts. Yep, totally keto/paleo/vegan/crossfit/kombucha approved.....

robtattoo

WKR
1. Kifaru gunbearer. Not really new this year, but I did install one on every pack this year, to save swapping, changing & having to readjust.
2. AAA top tier membership. Can't buy peace of mind. Especially after 2017's impromptu 4 day layover in Topeka.....
3. I re-aquired my old Winchester '94 Should've never sold her in the first place. She'll be along for all my deer & hog hunts this winter.

ChrisA

WKR
Did my first backpack hunt on an early rifle mule deer tag this year. Have been building kit for several years and using it for basecamp hunts out of my wall tent. Best gear and upgrades this year:

1. EXO upgrade from gen 1 3500 to K3-4800.

2. Upgraded to Chugach top and bottom from a set of cheap and heavy rain gear I got free with a scope purchase.

3. MSR Windburner Duo. Never had a stove before. There were to of us so I got the Duo but feel we could have done well with the Personal model. The Duo has some weight and size to it.

Speaking of Gamechanger, I upgraded my Armageddon Gear cordura Gamechanger bag to the new sticky model and added a waxed canvas pint sized Gamechanger to my precision rifle shooting kit; now that was a Gamechanger! LOL

Chris

It was a gear buying year for me as I prepped for my first elk hunt.. My main pursuit is turkey (all across the U.S.) and I hunt deer to pass the time until spring.. After much deliberation, I've narrowed it down to the following three due to how much I ended up using them:

1.) Kuiu Attack Pants - the best hunting pants I've ever owned. Love the athletic/stretch fit although I did have to size up to a 34 waist due to my meaty thighs (i'm normally a 32). As everyone knows, the hip vents!!! I was skeptical, but they really do help dump heat. The DWR works, anxious to see how long. Durability - these thick southeast woods will really put them to the test but so far, so good. I purchased my first pair of 'technical' hunting pants last year from another brand and quickly realized they were not built for the south! Briars and brush did a number on them. I believe these Attacks will fare much better.

2.) Jetboil Flash - For years I'd used the single stove burner + 16oz propane bottle + stainless cup combo for my coffee water. Decided to splurge and try the Jetboil. Boils water way faster, takes up less space, and no need to carry another cup. Love it!

3.) Maven C2 7x28 binos - I had always carried an older low power rangefinder in my turkey vest. The optical quality sucked and magnification was only like 4x or 5x. I didn't really use it for actual rangefinding. Decided I'd get a small pair of binos to take with me instead. Didn't want to spend a fortune as my turkey gear catches heck. Settled on the Mavens and was very impressed!

Honorable mention:

Kuiu Merino Zip Off Bottoms - loving these so far but have only gotten to use a few times

fatbacks

WKR
HIlleberg Nallo 3 Tent - stuck in the Brooks Range in a blizzard for most of the time. The tent was bombproof.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
1) Outdoorsman's bino adapter system for tripod
2) Upgraded sleeping bag (Nemo to FF Swallow 20)
3) Trekking poles

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
"Game Changer" gets thrown around pretty loosely these days. I might find an item I'd call a game changer every 2 or 3 years. My game changer was a new sheep hunting partner. My long time partner had knee surgery two years ago and him or I haven't been in the sheep mountains since. Spent the summer training with a new partner and finally spent 10 days in the sheep mountains. We each had our ups and downs but pushed each other through and managed to pack two rams out of the mountains. A solid partner can be a true Game Changer.

I went with a floor less shelter this year for the first time. Don't know that I would call it a game changer but I'll be going floor less for the majority of my future hunts.

Puffy pants were an awesome add to my hunt clothing list.

1. Sitka fanatic set
2. Sitka Apex set
3. Leupold vx-5 hd scope with firedot (amazing scope)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bosski ATV wagon two wheel trailer. Great to put the camp and food in for a 9 day hunt. Hinged and gasketed lid with gas shock keeps food, tent and clothes dry and clean on long muddy backcountry trails leading to moose and caribou camps. Grease fittings on the bearings, torsion axle suspension, etc work very well.

4” thick Thermarest Mondoking pads in the camper (R11) are superior to the matteress we had and save a bit of weight and room too. Two side by side make the perfect queen bed.