total change up. had to come to grips with draw-weight.

boom

WKR
i recently decided to go with a left hand bow. i am strongly left eye dominant. despite a lifetime of adaptation and shooting righty..my weakening right eye can no longer be ignored.

i bought used bow. i can shoot okay, but it is difficult.

then i crushed my body in a mtn bike crash..my elbows will probably permanently hurt, as well as my shoulders. well more like a strong ache. PT can only do so much if i keep tweaking myself with my bow :)

i just ordered 50-60 pound limbs. i had actually lost all interest in archery. it was just kinda painful. i decided to rally and lower the bow..WAAAAY down. i'll go to around 55 (or less) and work up to max..(maybe 62?). i have to get back into it. i vowed a no shotgun pledge this turkey season (if not what? throw rocks?). and my cousin just told me he had huntable land in Oregon and a herd of elk that never gets chased around.

its go time!

Kind of funny in this “beast mode” world (don’t take that the wrong way I’m looking to get myself into the best shape I’ve ever been in, but I’m not looking to push my draw weight to that of the war bows of years gone by) there’s people having Frankenbows built pushing draw weights into the triple digets, I’m recovering from rotator cuff surgery and my bow is waiting for me with a brand new set of 50# limbs on it.

I’m going for a light enough weight that I can shoot all day everyday practice until it becomes as second nature as my rifle has become.

Best of luck to you and your rehabbing. Let us know when you get one of those elk deflated.

MattB

WKR
I went to an orthopedist (lead for the Oakland Raiders) after separating my shoulder playing hockey. He was a bowhunter and said he only shot 50#. He said you didn't need any more than that (with the right arrow I dont disagree) and any more than that had the potential to damage the joint.