Tracking real estate prices...

180ls1

WKR
Read "One Rental at a Time", it'll give you a great blueprint.

We still have a massive supply problem so all these crazies talking about a crash are to be ignored.

ianpadron

WKR
Thanks first of all. Thanks for jumping in, it is always a risk sharing about your profession on forums like this.

Yes and no on the timing the sale. For sure yes to some extent, if we are in an awful slump we may want to push through it and wait for a rebound or rush and accept where we are, having the knowledge helps to make the decision. Also just to be educated, it is hard to find a realtor that you can trust, and you don't really find out if you can trust them until you are in the thick of things or something goes wrong.

A huge part of this is that I don't trust that we can get a great realtor even if we try to get one.

The info on stats is perfect, I appreciate that. The only thing better would be a link that said this is the tool... BUT knowing that the tool isn't generally available is gold. Appreciate it!
Haha I'm the first one to admit most agents are underwhelming, I work with them!

About as good a tool as your average Joe will have access to is the database at NAR:

https://www.nar.realtor/research-and-statistics

Again, tough with it being a smaller market, but great for evaluating trends, my guess is that they should at least have some useful stats for your county of interest.

A good tip for finding an agent that doesn't suck, is having an agent you've worked with and like find the agent for you. There's a saying in the industry, "rockstars know rockstars", and in real estate, our network truly is our net worth. Most established agents have a nationwide, or at least regional database of other go-getters, because people move, and we want those people taken care of. See if any of the agents you liked in the past are members of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World or a similar referral network. If so, they can pre-screen/vet potential agents for you, avoiding the hassle and lack of trust, or at least narrowing the field for you.

If any other good analytics resources cross my mind in the future I'll let ya know.