Tract Toric 12.5x50 good enough to be only bino?

So I got a screaming deal on a pair of toric 12.5 x 50’s I was planning on buying a pair of maven b.2 9x45s and then pondering a pair of 15’s to go with it. But the 12.5’s are right in the middle, so do I even need a second pair? Should I sell the torics, make a little money and stick with my original plan? I usually use binos for deer hunting larger fields in the Midwest, and I’m heading out west for some elk and mule deer this fall. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

i carry only 12x50 for coues and flop eared muley and they work great. I use a tripod roughly 97.3% of the time though. some people claim 12s are too shaky but I say if you're not tripod glassing you're not using your time effectively on a hunt.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, if you plan to use them in conjunction with a tripod most of the time I think they’d be a good go between. But if you aren’t running them on a tripod most of the time with your Midwest hunting I’d probably move them for the Maven combo. Or at least demo the B.2’s so you can compare them first hand with the Toric’s. It’ll probably come down to how much you go out West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a better investment to save the money and spend it on a quality tripod. The difference between the 10x and the 15x is small. But then again I have four binoculars sitting in the safe...

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I found out that 12x is harder to use without a tripod. Since you have a 12x, maybe look at a 8x or a 9x for free handing.

There is zero chance you’ll be happy if that’s the only thing you have to use 100% of the time.

Buy a lower magnification pair fir hand use, forget the and go hunting.

OP
D
Thanks everyone! I ended up keeping them, and adding the maven B3’s that I got a pretty decent deal on too. May have messed around and found a great combo, all for less than the b2’s would have ran me!

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Must’ve been good deals! I own the B3’s and really like them. They’ll be a great go to for some of your Midwest hunting. Especially in thicker country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk