Trading guns or other goods online

How do folks arrange classified trades online? I’d imagine clothing and gear can be pretty straight forward, but what about firearms? Is there a standard protocol? Any written or unwritten rules?

Although I have never had a bad classified experience (and I have bought and sold a ton of stuff here and elsewhere) I have only participated in one trade, while every thing went well and I was happy with the transaction it went a little rocky when the other person decided to wait for my end of the trade to show up before sending his trade in the mail. While there is nothing “wrong” with doing it this way it was never discussed or agreed upon before hand and we were to ship at the same time. He got to look my product over at zero risk since he still had his product in hand, I feel that keeps the playing field from being level since there is always some risk on both sides involved when dealing with strangers online especially since paypal won’t bail you out in this scenario.

cg2737

WKR
I have heard of people PayPaling each other on an agreed amount. That way if the product doesn’t show up you have some recourse. If the personal n you are trading with is new or has no feedback on Ebay, ArcheryTalk, etc. arrange the trade the way you described above. You hold your item until you receive theirs. Trades can be nerve racking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk