Transporting butchered moose meat N. Alberta to SW FL

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
Two of us will be driving up to a moose hunt in northern Alberta next year. F350 DRW and a trailer. Assuming we both tag out, with 300+ lbs each of meat (butchered and freezer wrapped), what do you recommend we do to get it back to SW Florida? Couple of chest freezers running on a generator? Dry ice packed in multiple 150 qt Igloos? Something else?

rayporter

WKR
i like dry ice. it works and you dont have any worries of stolen a stolen genny .[or freezer]

i have never used coolers. since i have a trailer i put down insulation on the floor and sides then pile in the meat with dry ice. after covering with gear and tarps the meat will be frozen in 700 mi of hot weather.

on one trip my pard brought a chest freezer and we put dry ice in it. that worked very well.

2Tundras

FNG
I've done a northern ON to northern MI with moose and sunset country ON to MI with whitetail....not nearly as far but still enough to worry about.

After a few lessons learned we ended up with a chest freezer and a gennie. Worked fine. One trip saw both on a large utility trailer and two trips saw the freezer in a covered trailer with the gennie in back of the truck.

Note a chest full to the top of moose is going to take days to freeze so once you start the process I would be leery of pulling the plug on it.

Both worked fine but the freezer that was out in the open took a beating from road grim.