Travel Contracts

Jmort1754

WKR
Hey y’all so the fiancé and I called the wedding off due to covid. Looks like we maybe be ending things.
I am a critical care RN looking to travel the west. Alaska, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming.
What’s are some good areas ?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It seams like most of the small bush facilities in Alaska are looking for staff. I'm ED, not CCU, so there may be a little difference. However, I have had several recruiters contact me in the past few months. This includes for a position at Providence Kodiak.

When I worked in Ketchikan, the ICU always seamed to need nurses and used travelers. The ED there used what they called temps, they where directly hired by the hospital, and the hospital covered lodging, car, and travel to and from the island. Not sure if the ICU used temps or not. You would just need to contact them.

If you like to fish, Ketchikan (Revelajijado island) is awesome. There is also good hunting on Prince of Wales. Plus Etolin is resonably close and has elk. Baranof Island (Sitka would be the population hub on it) also has hunting, and brown bears (POW and Revelajijado only have black bears).

Bethel Alaska is always looking for nurses, however it truly is the wild west (it feels like over half our GSWs come from Bethel) and I don't find tundra particularly attractive.

Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula are beautiful, and you don't have the logistics issues of the bush (aka off the road system). I'm not sure what opportunities there are at the moment though.

Add Flagstaff to your list. Level 1 Trauma Center and a super cool town. Reno / Carson City Nevada would also be worth looking into.

I would skip Utah unless you love the desert, and steer you towards St. George if you do.