Tree stand blind covers????

Babs

FNG
Anyone ever use something like this on their stand with a heater??? How is it?
Ive got a couple spots that i can only hunt out of a from a tree but im going to need some heat up there.
I logged 80 hours im a tree this year but i lucked out as the temps never dipped below -12c (very unusual for November.)
Im in northern Canada and temps will regularly be -30 c.

Attachments

• IMG_6571.png
    IMG_6571.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 13

Rich M

WKR
It'll help you stay warm and cut the wind - for sure.

I have no experience with those and limited experience with ground blinds. Anything that cuts the wind will help you stay warm and a heater will def help. Just keep stuff that will burn or melt away from heater...

We used to use 5# metal coffee cans to burn charcoal when duck hunting frozen temps - plop that sucker between yer legs and pull yer parka out to let a blast of hot air in. Then enjoy it. Also used to have a metal grate and kept pot of cocoa stew warm. Made a big diff when it was real cold and just sitting there.

WCB

WKR
There was a company that used to make hang on stands That had a very similar covering as the one I attached. The one attached is for a ladder stand...For some reason I remember there being some cloth across the top that would be like shoulder high to keep heat in around your body. But the top was similar instead of having windows you had 1 large opening which I would like more.

My dads friend had one and loved it for all day sits. I believe it was actually made out of a heavy fleece type material.

treestand cover.JPG

EdP

WKR
I have used a sterno can between my feet with a wool blanket over my legs to help stay warm in a blind. The blanket traps the heat in the leg area and the wool won't catch fire easily.