Trigger issue

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I'm having a trigger issue and was wondering if anyone else experienced this.
I purchased a Palmetto State Armory AR single stage drop in trigger and when I shoot it, it double fires every time. Sent them an email, so they sent me another one. Put the new trigger in and it does the same thing, shoots twice. I tried calling them but they won't discuss it with me, I can only send an email and wait 7 days to see what they will do. I'm frustrated cause I'm leaving in a couple weeks for a hog hunt and was really wanting that trigger to work. I'll never buy a PSA trigger again.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
I think this is an awesome upgrade!

Really though, send it back and get the cheapest Geissele or Larue MBT trigger.

WCB

WKR
I'm having a trigger issue and was wondering if anyone else experienced this.
I purchased a Palmetto State Armory AR single stage drop in trigger and when I shoot it, it double fires every time. Sent them an email, so they sent me another one. Put the new trigger in and it does the same thing, shoots twice. I tried calling them but they won't discuss it with me, I can only send an email and wait 7 days to see what they will do. I'm frustrated cause I'm leaving in a couple weeks for a hog hunt and was really wanting that trigger to work. I'll never buy a PSA trigger again.
buy another trigger and deal with PSA on the side. Also check your disconnector and spring for damage or make sure spring is installed correctly.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Are you positive that it is the trigger and not you bump firing it? It isn’t uncommon for people using lighter triggers on AR’s to double on reset.

In any case, good two stage triggers are the answer for AR’s. Larue MBT Two Stage.

OP
J

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I've never tried a two stage trigger, maybe I'll go that route. Thanks

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are you positive that it is the trigger and not you bump firing it? It isn’t uncommon for people using lighter triggers on AR’s to double on reset.

In any case, good two stage triggers are the answer for AR’s. Larue MBT Two Stage.
That’s a question I have, me or the AR.

I bought a PSA and it will double up on my new .300 BO upper, but doesn’t on my .223 upper. I am trying to figure out if it is me or something else. I was too light on the trigger, but the last few shots I tried to pin it back hard and it doubled. I didn’t have more ammo to keep testing. Next trip out will tell.

Running an AR trigger is different than what I learned to do on my bolt action.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
That’s a question I have, me or the AR.

I bought a PSA and it will double up on my new .300 BO upper, but doesn’t on my .223 upper. I am trying to figure out if it is me or something else. I was too light on the trigger, but the last few shots I tried to pin it back hard and it doubled. I didn’t have more ammo to keep testing. Next trip out will tell.

Running an AR trigger is different than what I learned to do on my bolt action.

It can be either, but people that are used to good bolt action triggers will very often have reset fires (“double”) with lighter AR triggers.

OP
J

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
Guess it was my fault. There are two set screws on top of the trigger that you need to adjust. Wish they would have sent some paperwork with the trigger.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
buy another trigger and deal with PSA on the side. Also check your disconnector and spring for damage or make sure spring is installed correctly.
This^^^^^

Some PSA triggers have adjustment screws, but they're still not 2-stage quality.
Primary Arms has the Larue MBT-2S on sale right now. You might also check ALG Defense triggers.