Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 Moa Dot reticle (Green Illumination)

This seems to be the logical choice out of the optics I’m considering for my 30-06. Maven RS1.2 ffp moa (ffp not good in thick cover) and Credo HX 2.5-15x42 ( reticle to busy and thin for thick cover). I don’t dial so exposed turret isn’t a must for me. Battery free illumination? Plus. Adjustable parallax? Plus. 2.5-12.5 magnification? Plus. Perfect for thick cover and extended shots. Does it hold zero? Is it bomb proof reliable like NF, SWFA, and other trijicons? Any feedback on this optic?

Dumply

FNG
Great scopes, I put one ol’ faithful when they extended shooting time here to 1/2 hour after sunset. It’s brighter than my eyes by far.
Got the 3-9x because don’t want parallax adjustment on a hunting scope.
Put a Huron 3-9x on a hunting AR10 and prefer it because of no illumination and obviously price.
Saw one the other day for $399 I think..

Last edited:

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one on my 300 win mag for years, specifically chosen for its versatility in varieties of terrain and brush, fast up close, can/have shot accurately out to 1000 with no problem. Durable reliable and great glass/viewing experience. Like the 2.5-12 and the 1-6 very much when I’m ok with SFP and holding over.

I'm agonizing over this exact scope of the smaller 3-9x40 for my 6.5 PRC. I feel like the extra magnification lends itself to the round, but then I like the simplicity of the lighter weight version.

OP
K
I'm agonizing over this exact scope of the smaller 3-9x40 for my 6.5 PRC. I feel like the extra magnification lends itself to the round, but then I like the simplicity of the lighter weight version.
6oz is worth the 3.5 magnification gained on top end, adjustable parallax, and .5 magnification gained on low end. plus it'll make my rifle recoil less. For under 1000 this optic seems absolutely perfect. Only one I see better over that is the NXS 2.5-10 but even then, I like the moa dot reticle better and capped elevation bc I dont dial. battery free illumination is better for cold weather also like Alaska I would think.

OP
K
I’ve had one on my 300 win mag for years, specifically chosen for its versatility in varieties of terrain and brush, fast up close, can/have shot accurately out to 1000 with no problem. Durable reliable and great glass/viewing experience. Like the 2.5-12 and the 1-6 very much when I’m ok with SFP and holding over.
Seems like perfection for a 400 yard 30-06.