Trijicon Credo® HX 2.5-15x42 user reviews requested

wyosam

WKR
I just mounted up the regular version (not the hx), I think they are very similar functionally. Mounted without issue, turrets feel crisp. Took it to the range, eye ball down the bore sighted it- close enough to fire without adjusting (odd-never had that happen before)first shot is .8 mils hogh, dead center. Dial down, center bull. Fire 9 more to confirm a good zero. No change. Did a 2 mil box test, everything hit where it should, returned to zero as expected. Glass is good, seems to gather plenty of light, though when everything is covered in snow it’s tough to tell. Seems like a good unit, has great durability reviews. I’ll spend a couple months with it, but I’ll buy a second one to keep two rifles identical.

Edit to add- this replaced a VX6hd 2-12. I didn’t have any issues with either of the two of those I have, but I wanted parallax adjustment)more for focus than parallax worry- my eyes are getting old). Also wanted a mil reticle as another moose antler measurement tool. SFP means the reticle is really only useful at max power, but if I’m looking at a moose that close, I already suspect he’s 50”, and will be maxed to confirm before nap time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just mounted up the regular version (not the hx), I think they are very similar functionally. Mounted without issue, turrets feel crisp. Took it to the range, eye ball down the bore sighted it- close enough to fire without adjusting (odd-never had that happen before)first shot is .8 mils hogh, dead center. Dial down, center bull. Fire 9 more to confirm a good zero. No change. Did a 2 mil box test, everything hit where it should, returned to zero as expected. Glass is good, seems to gather plenty of light, though when everything is covered in snow it’s tough to tell. Seems like a good unit, has great durability reviews. I’ll spend a couple months with it, but I’ll buy a second one to keep two rifles identical.

Edit to add- this replaced a VX6hd 2-12. I didn’t have any issues with either of the two of those I have, but I wanted parallax adjustment)more for focus than parallax worry- my eyes are getting old). Also wanted a mil reticle as another moose antler measurement tool. SFP means the reticle is really only useful at max power, but if I’m looking at a moose that close, I already suspect he’s 50”, and will be maxed to confirm before nap time anyway.

I personally don’t see the real world issues SFP creates, I think I probably prefer it. If you have exposed elevation, and hold for wind, if max power is too much (most likely will be) half power is probably adequate or easy enough to get the math close enough quickly.

I know many don’t like SFP scopes, but I think with most reticles, the pros outweigh the cons to me, which is kinda saying something because mathing pisses me off

I think SFP sub tensions are pretty easy calculations that can easily be made fairly quickly, and offers a much better selections for usable reticles in different mag and in different lighting conditions

wyosam

WKR
I personally don’t see the real world issues SFP creates, I think I probably prefer it. If you have exposed elevation, and hold for wind, if max power is too much (most likely will be) half power is probably adequate or easy enough to get the math close enough quickly.

I know many don’t like SFP scopes, but I think with most reticles, the pros outweigh the cons to me, which is kinda saying something because mathing pisses me off

I think SFP sub tensions are pretty easy calculations that can easily be made fairly quickly, and offers a much better selections for usable reticles in different mag and in different lighting conditions

Definitely. I have a few FFP scopes, but won’t hunt with one because I’m on minimum power 99% of the time and need to be able to see the reticle. I think the reticle in this scope is great- allows very fine aiming, but think it’s plenty thick enough to see, especially illuminated. There are things I miss about the vx6- the fact that the reticle turns off if I forget it instead of just running the battery down is nice, and the weight of the Leupolds is awful nice.

Definitely. I have a few FFP scopes, but won’t hunt with one because I’m on minimum power 99% of the time and need to be able to see the reticle. I think the reticle in this scope is great- allows very fine aiming, but think it’s plenty thick enough to see, especially illuminated. There are things I miss about the vx6- the fact that the reticle turns off if I forget it instead of just running the battery down is nice, and the weight of the Leupolds is awful nice.

Depending on your vx6 size, wouldn’t the weight be about the same? I thought mine was right around 23oz, and isn’t that about what these credos weigh too?

wyosam

WKR
Depending on your vx6 size, wouldn’t the weight be about the same? I thought mine was right around 23oz, and isn’t that about what these credos weigh too?

2-12 is 19.9, credo is 22.8 I think. So pretty minimal. The 3-18 is a more apples to apples though, and it’s about the same I think.

RC51kid

FNG
1. Super easy. I had an issue with the zero stop the first time I set it, but the was 100% user error.

2. I really like the reticle after using it. I agree with @schmalzy in that I rarely use mine over 10x and wish the marks matched up there.

A couple weeks ago I shot a mule deer buck with 6 minutes of legal light left and didn't feel the need for the illumnation.
Is there a reason you dont often use it over 10x? Is it just that you dont often need over 10x or is it the way the scope performs over 10x. I was thinking about switching from a 2-10 to one of these specifically toget a little more magnification.

sveltri

WKR
I’ve mine out to the range a couple times so far. I wasn’t really comfortable with the eye relief at first, had just come off a vx5. That has gone away now and I am really liking the scope. I have a problem with automatically going to max magnification so I’ve been working on using it at lower mag power. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up another one.

TreeDog

FNG
Is there a reason you dont often use it over 10x? Is it just that you dont often need over 10x or is it the way the scope performs over 10x. I was thinking about switching from a 2-10 to one of these specifically toget a little more magnification.
Rarely need over 10x. Shootings rocks with it at various ranges from 300-610 and never got over 7x. It functions good to14-15x then it can kinda tunnel. Still usable though.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
1) Unscrew the turret cap and use a 2.5mm Allen key to loosen/set the zero stop…2 minutes, max. Whether you can zero in “x” number of rounds is on the individual.

2) I prefer a floating dot, which the Credo HX has. Super easy to use regardless of conditions; I have shot animals at varying distances from first/last minute of legal shooting light to broad daylight and never had an issue.

It’s a great scope that I haven’t had to baby, lives on a 300WSM that sees the range every other week and never had a problem.

I’ve yet to find the perfect scope that has the objective size, magnification range, reticle style, weight, and dependability that I want from a single manufacturer…still looking for the unicorn 🦄