Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

I bet there's a mathing star out there that could figure out how much forward you need to scoot in in the rings to be whole.

...or back 🤔
My Scope has 74 MOA of travel from the bottom to top, so actually more than what Trijicon specs state.

Can anyone compare the MOA crosshair thickness of the 5-25 or 6-24 with a Nightforce MOAR? I’m getting older and have a harder time with thinner crosshairs. The MOAR is perfect, MOAR-T is too fine and I lose it on paper targets. I want to buy a 6-24.

Too bad I don't NEED one or I'd snatch another one up. Too many other great deals going on right now. Great opportunity for someone who has been watching this thread and waiting for the right time.

How is it on low power in the woods at dusk? That’s my only concern is lower mag at less than ideal lighting conditions.
IMO 6x or so is just fine. If you want to run it at 3 power, brush busting, around dust, I would use the illuminated retical. I never have used it in the field tho as I don't find it necessary for 99% of hunting purposes

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This vs a NXS 2.5-10 on a 6.5 PRC element currently wearing a swfa 3-9. Thought?
I have all three... for the weight conscious, I prefer the nxs over the swfa (the swfa scopes tend to run an ounce or two heavier than advertised, which puts it only 4/10ths of an ounce less than the NXS.) The nxs has the adjustable parallax I prefer, turrets less mushy, I prefer the reticle. The nxs also has zero stop and an illuminated reticle, and more minimum and maximum zoom range. I know it's heresy on here, but I also prefer MOA, which I can get with the nxs. The swfa is cheaper though... and I prefer the eye relief and view through the optic with the swfa... and it is ffp, but the only time I find that matters is for wind calls, which for me matters beyond about 200 yards, and beyond that I'm going to zoom in to 10x anyway...and then the subtension is accurate with the 2fp. The tenmile is great if I need it on a rifle for the extra zoom, but the 4oz weight penalty limits it to my already heavier longer range setups... and I prefer the nxs on a lighter weight carried mountain rifle. If the rifle isn't going more than a mile or two from the truck, then the heavier longer range setup with the tenmile all the way. Backpacking in, or spending the day hiking up and down steep ridges, then it's the nxs.

Awesome reply’s. Thanks for the advice. My inclination toward the tenmile is that I forgo carrying my spotter most of the time and figured this may bridge that gap a bit where I can’t quite make something out with my 10x binos.

Just put another 2 in stock with this Optics Planet deal.

It feels great to have a go-to scope with reliable function, light weight, excellent clarity, and fabulous zoom range. I recommend everyone find their own, stock up, and keep rifles consistent.

Best,
-J

Awesome reply’s. Thanks for the advice. My inclination toward the tenmile is that I forgo carrying my spotter most of the time and figured this may bridge that gap a bit where I can’t quite make something out with my 10x binos.
Possible, but using your rifle scope as a spotter can be problematic for some, as it can violate one of the basic tenets of firearm safety... don't point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot...

You might be surprised at how versatile a system you can run with something light like bushnell legend hd 10x25 binos (8oz) and a Kowa tsn 501 20-40x spotter (14oz). Between the two, you have 22oz of glass, which is less weight than many 10x42 binos.

Back