Trijicon Tenmile turrets

Kc w

FNG
Hello guys. Have a general question about a trijicon tenmile scope. I am wondering about the turrets. My new scope showed up and the windage turret seems more crisp and defined clicks compared to the elevation turret. Is this normal on this line of scopes? TIA

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have a credo and it’s the same exact way. The windage feels so much more defined/better than low end in the elev turret. The more you dial elevation up the better it starts to feel.

I’ve noticed mine has started to feel a bit better in the first 0-1 mil but it’s still not nearly as well defined as windage. Certainly the opposite of a lot of scopes.

wyogoat

WKR
I just got one and haven’t mounted it yet but mine feels the same way. Kinda “spongy” on the elevation turret. Which is likely the one I’ll use the most.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I have one and the windage knob is more tactile than the elevation. Elevation is exactly as mushy as the 10x swfa

Both my credo and my tenmile are kinda “mushy” in the turrets. It really doesn’t bother me as I’m not counting clicks I’m dialing to a spot on the turret. The turrets track very accurately and reliably which is something that can’t be said for scopes with much “nicer” turrets.

Reactions: MJB

Marshfly

WKR
I got a new Tenmile from the Black Friday sale. The turret clicks felt much less defined than my 10 month old version.

I turned it back and forth for a minute and it got significantly less mushy and felt much more like my old one. My take away is that they use a lot of grease on assembly and it will get right as you use it. At least mine both did. The credo I have feels nice also but it’s been dialed a lot as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kc w

FNG
Thanks everyone. At least I know there isn't something wrong with mine. Seems nice otherwise. Comes with scope caps also which is a nice feature.

manitou1

WKR
Yes, it is normal.
Mine is like that and all the reviews on the Ten Mile scopes say the windage is less tactile/audible than the elevation turret.

I would not, however, label my turrets as mushy.

Where is the best please to find Trijicon scopes besides Euro-optic? They never seem to have what I want in stock

They still have both MRAD and MOA on sale for 1029.00
This is for the 3-18x44 models. They also have other magnifications today.
I see they (Optics Planet) have it listed on Amazon as well. Over $500 cheaper than Eurooptic

OP
K

Kc w

FNG
Mushy turrets, stiff parallax, and stiff magnification rings are the norm for them.
I would 100% disagree. I don't have any of those issues. I will say the side turret is more defined clicks than the elevation tho.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I was about to agree on the stiff parallax. Then I grabbed the parallax knob and just ran it back and forth 20 times. Now it's not stiff at all ha

Mag ring is not stiff at all to me either. Turrets are so mushy they might actually be made of playdoh inside. Overall, all three of those things are extremely low on the list of things I care about.