Trinovid 10x42 HD vs MeoPro Air HD

I have seen these coming up for trade and sale quite a bit and they didn’t do as well on the bino test as the MeoPro Air. Are these going to be an expensive disappointment or hardly noticeable difference?

No experience with the MeoPro air, though I am a Meopta fan in general...have had many of their scopes. I believe the point where a stud would need to be installed on the MeoPro Air due the open bridge and where they put the front hinge would cause the stud to protrude out past the end of the binos which could be problematic for sitting in an enclosed chest pack.

For binos, I only have experience with Leupold green ring, Swarovski NL and EL, and Zeiss Conquest up until last week when I got some Trinovid HD 10x42s. They are compact, feel great in the hands, and my eyes much prefer looking through them over the Conquests. Many reports out there that there is no stud for the Trinovid but this is not true. The Ultravid stud works, but you have to pry the cap off the Trinovids and sever the glue.

Be sure to also check out the weight and size dimensions on the Trinovid vs the MeoPro Air.

OP
A
Thanks for the reply Doc. I could save a considerable amount of money buying used Trinovids over new MeoPro Airs but don’t want to regret it.

B-ski

FNG
I have been running Trinovid 10 x 42's for the past 2 years and really like them. I too chose them over the Conquest. Really compact yet solid feel. Quality binos.

Fatcamp

WKR
I use Meostar 10X42 and have thoughts of switching to Trinovid. They are light and very nice to my eyes.

OP
A
I have read the Trinovids lose clarity around the edges. Have any of you noticed this?
Thanks for everyone’s input.