Tripod head leveler, shooting off of panhead/fluid head

Wapiti151

WKR
Hey all, wanted to ask the group here if anyone has found an effective wait to shoot off of a panhead/fluid head, while mitigating the leveling issues of having to adjust the whole tripod. I don’t like ball heads for glassing, but want the option to shoot off my tripod if needed…especially if I have to take a standing shot. I’ve searched multiple forums and just see the “ball/bowl heads are better” feedback.

Anyway, been doing some searching and found this little guy for $29 on Amazon. Anyone try something like this between tripod and pan/fluid head? Seems like it would solve the rifle cant issue, without being forced to use a less effective head (for me) when glassing. At under 4oz, it’s not much of a weight penalty. And if it breaks in the field, I’m out $30, can just take it off and mount head directly to tripod again.

Bought two of them to play with, will see how they are.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think the best way is to toss a bag over the head and shoot off of it.

You can add a leveling head/ball head on top of the pan head. It does work. The drawbacks are it raises the center of gravity and adds wobble.

Locking into the tripod is best when the tripod is the sturdy enough to add stability. If the tripod is not stiff, locking into the tripod adds to the wobble.

Using the bag creates a soft point of contact that dampens the wobble of a less stiff tripod.

Corruptt

FNG
I've seen the a fluid head mounted on top of a ball head, he used the ball head to get level then the fluid head for scanning. It worked better then I thought it would. Only tricky part is mounting it on top of the ball head and making sure everything is secure with out to much modification.

CodyAK

Lil-Rokslider
I needed this thread. I have a decent tripod set up but not super ideal for shooting with the fluid head. I need to get into the bag game.

NSI

WKR
I think the best way is to toss a bag over the head and shoot off of it.

You can add a leveling head/ball head on top of the pan head. It does work. The drawbacks are it raises the center of gravity and adds wobble.

Locking into the tripod is best when the tripod is the sturdy enough to add stability. If the tripod is not stiff, locking into the tripod adds to the wobble.

Using the bag creates a soft point of contact that dampens the wobble of a less stiff tripod.
Hate the bag over the head, love the bag over the tac table you sold me for hunting. Now only clipping in for competition on an anvil 30.

-J