tripod

Weight of the tripod alone comes in at 1 lb 7 oz on my scale. Max height comes in at 58". The twist lock system is alright, it will suffice. Its like the old vortex tripod system. I havent had it out enough to test durability but i dont really see any issues.
Cool man! Well, go put it out and put it to use! I see if having a place on an archery backpack hunt. Something that i dont need to shoot off of... but can glass from big binos for some time!

ewade07

WKR
Cool man! Well, go put it out and put it to use! I see if having a place on an archery backpack hunt. Something that i dont need to shoot off of... but can glass from big binos for some time!
I imagine you could shoot off the tripod as well. I shot off the AOKA last fall using a shooting V

pirogue

WKR
I just bought that for $107 from the Sirui site....

selling my brand new in box Aoka thats never been on a hunt soon
Is that the Traveler X? That one twist for all the leg sections looks nice. They say they won’t sell the tripod alone. Has to be bought with that head that has a handle about a foot long.

Beendare

WKR
Is that the Traveler X? That one twist for all the leg sections looks nice. They say they won’t sell the tripod alone. Has to be bought with that head that has a handle about a foot long.
I have a Sirui ball head I like, 5.6oz…i will swap it for the fluid head until I decide to become a Youtube wannabe- grin

RyanSeek43

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Alpyn has the wildcat that is heavier than say a sirui but you can turn the legs into trekking poles or a center pole for a tipi tent as a back up if you need to.

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Another vote for the Aziak. I just picked it up and haven't had a chance to test it, but the build quality is stellar so far. It doesn't go tall enough to stand, but it's compact and only 15" without a head. I paired it with the Wiser Nighthawk, and it can support my Swarovski 85mm with no issues. It is smooth, like my Sirui—with a total weight of 26.2 ounces.

the twist lock legs on the Sirui AT125 seem very robust so far. I shot off mine this afternoon with a LH22 ball head. Very stable. Lighter weight than the AM225, but more stable and max extension. The depress style leg angle locks are also superior to the pull out style on the AM225 and the little AOKA mentioned earlier.