Troy Session AK Hunt Planner a thief?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
troy sessions is a thief.jpg

I can't even fathom how anyone in the know would support a man like this, but it doesn't sit well with me at all. Guys like this make me disappointed in the human enterprise.

It is rare that I make a personal opinion about anyone unless it's absolutely necessary for public protection against potential cracks in their hunting experience.

Traveler be warned, this guy is using my style, reputation, and innovations to get ahead of his own lack of authenticity and pigging backing off my intellectual properties. Vomit is literally in my craw.

Makes me sick to think how he'll operate service to the AK hunting community.

And if you're in the market for knock-off TAG Bags, he has those now too:

Good luck, Troy, you have lost my respect and support.

larry

PMcGee

WKR
I’m guessing he’s talking about the rafts. They look very similar to Larry’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 307
Hi Larry,
Love my PR49 HD. If this guy is infringing on your intellectual property, why can't/don't you enforce your patent protection and put a stop to it? Have his knockoffs seized and make him pay you for lost sales (for every unit he sold). When someone rips me off, I don't get mad...I don't get even...I show a profit! Certainly more powerful than an internet rant. You did protect yourself, right? Tell me you didn't pull a Harley Davidson.

wd.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I guess that's what we're supposed to be outraged about...

I'd be concerned about the libel lawsuit if it were me but to each their own.

Im sitting here anxiously waiting for larry to add more info, I have a great respect for larry and absolutely love my pr49, I’m wondering if the 60” club guy tracked down the factory that makes the PV rafts and had them make the same things in different colors with their logos on them...

larry Bartlett did design all the rafts sold by PV to my knowledge so I would be pissed too if somebody just found a way to get the exact same thing and sell it with their logo on it.

seems like they could have bought rafts straight from larry with an agreement of some sort, out their logo on those rafts and everybody would be happy.

anywaus, waiting for more info.

I’m with Larry, and you can take that to the bank. Nothing worse than a copycat parasite who can’t originate their own ideas. Unfortunately this IS the American way today. Just ask YETI Co .... and note how little sympathy they received.

NUGGET

WKR
Troy was shady before all this even went down. That’s why his hunting videos have an infomercial type feel to it. If you’re a transporter in AK and have to advertise that should tell the informed individual enough about your operation...

WKR
I’m with Larry, and you can take that to the bank. Nothing worse than a copycat parasite who can’t originate their own ideas. Unfortunately this IS the American way today. Just ask YETI Co .... and note how little sympathy they received.

What was copied? What were Larry's innovations? Seems like there are lots of inflatable raft companies. Did he invent the inflatable raft?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What was copied? What were Larry's innovations? Seems like there are lots of inflatable raft companies. Did he invent the inflatable raft?

he designed the rafts he sells from his company (pristine ventures), these 60” club rafts look to be exact copies of his designs if not knock offs from the same factory.

it any surprise you to learn that there are many different raft designs, they aren’t all the same.

Ever heard of Engel Coolers?

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
fair enough fella's, i'm glad you asked for more info:

When he was a railroad engineer and made videos as a side hussle as Duck Shack Production (<7 years ago roughly), he was also flying hunter "friends" (who i know) into the field without a Part 135 certifcate. He started buying TAG Bags from me and eventually traded some flying for a Pro Pioneer (my 1st SOAR design). He did the flying for the moose hunt in Float Hunting Alaska (Volume 3) for that trade. He asked for advice on getting into the hunting industry with some gadget he used to attract bull moose (it was crap) He asked a lot of questions about Hunt Planning and product development, etc. I told him honestly everything i could to help him succeed by avoiding my personal mistakes.

Fast forward to about five years ago and he started doing commercial flying for "friends" into a river system I use for Hunt Planning. He also landed on a lake nearby in the Kanuti flats and chainsawed 150 square yards of trees to make room for his wings to turn 180 degrees and to gain access to the shoreline. That was on Kanuti Refuge. Not environmentally friendly practice and also against the law.

Two years ago he started renting my PR49 and Kork for his expanding hunt planning business (surprise #1). He'd return them filthy and bloody but sometimes not until spring the next season. Moldy and damaged from misuse.

This year or last he decided to branch out into game bags. He took the look that I created for his stuff sacks so they look like TAG Bags, only he inverted the orange and black colors.

This year he never called for renting my inflatables, but he did manage to produce a strikingly similar version complete with the mesh seats and suspension design that I innovated for my rafts. The handles, the d-rings, the general shape and function...all copies upon copies upon copies of what my intellect created.

Call it the American Way or free enterprise, but call it what it really is too: Leeching from the hand that fed you!

Troy Session has lost my respect and my friendship without so much as a wrap around before doing what he'll continue doing to others until someone says, no thank you, sir. I am that man. And i'm lamenting poopoo about him so that no one in this community assumes that because his products look exactly like mine that they should trust him or them. They shouldn't. I am not only opposite of what he does and is but also unapologetic to warn people not to trust his character. If this rant saves one person $8000, then i served yet another good deed for you and friends.

BTW, you can't patent certain product or designs, and they are expensive to pursue regardless. Textiles and things like boats are easy to copy cat. Just change the dimensions by a fraction of a fraction of one inch in either direction and it's "legal" to pursue.

But there is a moral character standard that should, but doesn't always, exist within American Capitalism. Authenticity and originality should be legally required to some degree, although it certainly isn't. But when I defended this country's interest as a teenager in the Gulf War, I learned that what separates people in our country is the degree of a moral backbone. He has a thin moral structure and karma will likely wax his short and curlys one day!

LB, out

GotDraw?

WKR
Larry,

I have been on the very wrong side of trusting someone and it cost me all I had for a good while.

Don't worry, he'll screw you for a while but the truth will ultimately come out to his clients and he will frick it all up one way or another.

I enjoy your thoughtful posts and hope to hire your services one day.

Best,

JL

bozeman

WKR
Keep your head up....happens all the time. Had a good 'friend' I went into business with and we put up 50/50 upfront capital (mine from cash, his from a loan). It was clear after 9 months we didn't have the same vision for our business. We dissolved and he sold all of the equipment to his uncle and paid off his loan. Then said 'we can split the rest' for your part. Huh? Anyway, cost me tens of thousands.....but guess who sleeps well at night? Cant put a price tag on that. Best of luck.....I have no doubt you will do just fine. Keep at it.