Truck bed awning

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello!
I'm looking for something like a truck bed awning. Something like a giant tarp or something that has some sort of frame/stand. I usually make my truck a base camp and a lot of times, there are no trees to tie off to. It's just flat land. Something like in the link below, but not so...wimpy...More Alaskan-y. I also don't have racks or anything since I have a tonneau cover on the bed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Bed Awning

sram9102

WKR
I've seen people back in under a popup canopy. I don't know how well it would do in much wind though.

TSAMP

WKR
Roadhouse tarp from slumberjack. I own one. It's ok. I think a normal 10x10 canopy is easier to setup and accomplished the same thing. Just less versatile.

slowelk

WKR
I had a roadhouse tarp from slumberjack. I brought it to the breaks in MT as a shady refuge during the mid-day heat. It lasted one afternoon after failing to manage 20-25mph gusts. The tarp grommets and strap connection points tore.

Since then, i've been using a 10x10 coleman awning, it's been great in similar wind conditions and it's easier to secure to the ground.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've seen people back in under a popup canopy. I don't know how well it would do in much wind though.
This is what I'm gonna do this year. I have one of those pop up canopy things that my Ram 2500's 8ft.
bed just squeezes under. Going to put a cot in the bed.
Was thinking about a Kodiak truck bed tent but this way I can just pull away in the truck, roll up my
tonneau cover and I'm gone hunting -everything secure in the bed for when I return to camp at night.
Then just unroll the tonneau and back under the canopy.
In theory at least.

Sizthediz

WKR
I have used tent poles extend/ arching from one side bed stake pocket to other side bed stake pocket and drape tarp on top. Tarp was big enough that I just used coolers bv to secure on the ground. Rolled up quickly in the am.
Not sure if that is what ur wanting though