True sleeper optics

Love mine, no “need” for anything else. Getting here late so sorry if it’s been said but the vortex vultures 15x. Can find them cheap, I think I sold mine for a song. Saw a ton of game before I spent 4x more for 20% greater clarity.
Yuck. Those vultures were one of my least favorite binos I’ve ever used. I got massive massive headaches very quickly. Upgrading from them to Meopta 15x was the single best optic upgrade I’ve ever done.

WCB

WKR
I think Weaver no longer makes the Ks. I have a Weaver fixed K-4. Optically it is only ok (SWFA 3-9 and fixed 6x are both better), however it has never lost zero. To include after falling on it and traveling. For the $120 or so I payed for it, it is a great scope.
You are correct. Bushnell got ahold of Weaver when purchased by Vista and destroyed that brand. They have only a few cheap scopes now and the full line of rings and bases. At that time the scopes and binos were better than anything in the Bushnell lines (except for the LRHS imo), Nikon, Vortex and and even comparable price point optics from some of the bigger names.

K and 40/44 series were built very well and were just solid optics (good but not great glass) Grand Slams were Awesome, V-series were great varmint types scopes, and the Tactical line were tough as nails really suffered from lack of reticle choices though. I worked as a scope tech for Weaver and still run a couple tactical 3-15s and have multiple V-series on varmint guns and 40/44 on MZs and slug guns.

SwiftShot

WKR
Old Bushnell Elite scopes. The glass was Bausch & Lomb for a few years. Those models are rock solid.

I have a really old Bushnell Elite it is like 30 plus. Turrets dial like a dream. It runs the squares and returns zero every time. Sitting on a Ultralight 300 RUM.

4th_point

WKR
I worked as a scope tech for Weaver and still run a couple tactical 3-15s and have multiple V-series on varmint guns and 40/44 on MZs and slug guns.
Those 3-15x Tactical scopes still have a following and good reputation. Too bad the merger ruined things.

Reactions: WCB