Trust archers advantage?

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Jaws means you clip directly to the string, ‘Tied Loop’ refers to d-loop.

That's what I thought, but none of the spine numbers made sense. It was constantly showing too stiff compared to q spine and other spine charts. When I switched it to jaws all the numbers started jiving.

TheCoyote

FNG
qSpine/OT2Go output below for comparison. I would go 300 in your shoes, but I bet a 340 would also work just fine.

Bow inputs: 67# DW, 29" DL, 342 fps IBO, 6" BH, 31" ATA, 80% LO
Arrow inputs: 28" C2C, 150 gr on front, 30 gr on rear
View attachment 567600
Is this app still available? I had it on my phone at one point and now it is gone. I can't seem to find it anywhere to download wither. Q-spine or Pinwheel is what I remember it being called.

TheCoyote

FNG
Friends, I am no expert. However, I will tell you that no amount of calculator or chart will tell you accurate data. It's a darn good starting point for your independent testing.

Just to muddy the water here, I have a Mathews Traverse and a V3X. I shot both 300 and 350 spine Victory RIP TKOs out to 80 yards with fixed blade broad heads trying to see which is better for my setup. And guess what? They shot the same! I could not perceive a difference between the two.

Take a bare shaft 300 and bare shaft 340 and shoot through some paper. If you get two bullet holes then shoot your block target at 20 yards. You can wrap tape on the back end to replace the vane weight.
That is a good starting point to see what the spine is actually doing without the aid of the vanes to straighten it out. You will be able to see your arrow flying sideways if it is too weak of spine.

nphunter

WKR
Is this app still available? I had it on my phone at one point and now it is gone. I can't seem to find it anywhere to download wither. Q-spine or Pinwheel is what I remember it being called.
No, it stopped working with the newest Apple update, and the owner isn’t going to continued dealing with Apple.

I use AA with (precise) measurements to get a good idea, however I don't take the results as gospel. The software tells me I should be at 290 FPS with my Halon and setup in reality a chrono had me at 282 x 3. Testing and true numbers VS software aren't always 100%

Last edited:
I still have the app on my phone (Android) and it still works, but I don't see it in the Google Play store anymore. It looks like the desktop version is still available at https://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/index.html

2blade

WKR
In my experience, pinwheel software is a lot more accurate than archers advantage, ymmv