Turkey Shotguns

Dominic06

FNG
Does anyone know of some good Turkey shotguns in .20ga?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When I used to hunt turkeys I had a mossberg turkey thug. It wasn’t too expensive and I killed a lot of turkeys with it. I gave it to my dad who used it to do his turkey slam.

Mikido

WKR
They all kill. I really enjoy my 20guage o/u with aluminum receiver, it’s a pleasure to carry and makes run/gun easy. You don’t need a 12guage cannon to kill a bird.

ADR

FNG
They all kill. I really enjoy my 20guage o/u with aluminum receiver, it’s a pleasure to carry and makes run/gun easy. You don’t need a 12guage cannon to kill a bird.
This
Plus my 20 O/U is set up with one barrel for 25 yards and in (modified choke) and one barrel for further out birds ( sumtoy extended choke ). Very pleased with this set up and hand loaded tss.

DEGdog

FNG
I use an old 870 express 12 that I spray painted. I bought a short camo barrel with fiber optic sights. Screw in my tube of choice. Has worked great for me and you can beat it up with zero worries. I like the o/u idea but can’t bring myself to drag my citori into the turkey woods. I also carry a short primos trigger stick which is nice when the Tom takes his sweet time.

Fullfan

WKR
We ( kids and I ) made the move from 12 to 20 about 7 years ago. I started loading TSS when we switched. Bought two of the Weatherby Sa459’s, and two of the Winchester X3 long beards.

The sa459’s hunt 90% of the time. Lighter and hold better than the X3. They all produce great 50yd patterns with TSS 9’s.

The sa459 had been discontinued, I still see them for sale tho.

Yarak

WKR
Winchester SX3 NWTF edition with IC 555 choke tube and 7-7.5 hevishot
Stoeger 3020 IC 555 and 7-7.5 hevishot
Both of these will get the job done out to 60 yds if necessary but i will say having to shoot a turkey that far away could speak badly of your calling skills

Btaylor

WKR
Winchester SX3 NWTF edition with IC 555 choke tube and 7-7.5 hevishot
Stoeger 3020 IC 555 and 7-7.5 hevishot
Both of these will get the job done out to 60 yds if necessary but i will say having to shoot a turkey that far away could speak badly of your calling skills
IC for Indian Creek not Improved Cylinder I presume?

DEGdog

FNG
I’ve got a nef single shit here somewhere, smooth cylinder bore with open sights. If I can find a flighcontrol wad or similar to pattern, that would be light and simple.

I have a 12 guage mossberg 500 turkey gun, shooting tss…. It’s great and all but believe it or bot my go to is my Steven break action .410 running tss loads. 4 turkeys all over 50 yards all only took one shot, never had any shot on the meat. It’s a fun little gun.

TOR

FNG
I see you have a red dot on those two, is buying a red dot worth it for turkeys, how big is the advantage? Pros, cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% agree, I love the red dot. Also if you take new hunters/kids it is fairly fool proof and you wont have to worry about them not getting their head down on the gun - this is originally why I bought one. I wouldn't go back.