UA Heatgear

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone wear under armor heatgear under their other layers for wicking? I have a few of the compression shirts from sports days laying around. I was thinking a compression shirt paired with a wool layer might be nice. I sweat a lot and the compression gear wicks and dries so fast. I have a wick shirt from FL and when I hike with it alone it just gets completely saturated and heavy. Specially with a heavy pack on. I was thinking about a compression shirt with a wick LS over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion ....UA heat gear is fine for sport activity but for hunting/backpacking it absorbs too much oil and bacteria. A few hours of wicking and the material smells pretty bad. A few days of hunting in the same gear, you won't be able to stand the smell.

ChrisAU

WKR
x9567 on the no synthetic base, especially UA. I used to wear it before I discovered merino and had to wash it after every short whitetail hunt...now my merino only gets washed 2-3 times over 5 months of hunting outside of blood and mud occasions.

I do in shorter hunt situations where I can change clothes and not have to wear the same stuff. I'm still building my Merino gear though and got a few First Lite pieces new for this season. The UA stuff is really warm and comfortable for me but it's definitely not a "wear for days" type material.

UA is over rated. There are better compression shirts - Merino, Sitka, from hunting brands made to not smell.

j33

WKR
I’ve got a lot of UA stuff, gym and around house clothes I buy on clearance can’t beat their prices. They stink very easy, dry better than wool though for day tripping from truck