Ultralight/Compact .30 cal Hunting Suppressor

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a lightweight and compact .30 cal hunting supressor. Anyone have experience with a bunch of them? Top 3 on my list so far are the banish backcountry, q trash panda, and dead air nomad ti.

OP
longrange13

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Well your first two options are mediocre at best when it comes to suppression. Do yourself a favor and check out https://pewscience.com/ for an objective way to evaluate cans, not just what looks cool or is hyped up.
I don’t really care about having the most quiet can. I feel like most of it is just splitting hairs when it comes to which one is best. I’m Just looking for something repeatable, durable enough for hunting, compact, lightweight. Whichever one does those things and is the best bang for the buck.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Don’t think you’ll find something better than the scythe. It’s short, light, and quiet. I haven’t shot it but based on a handful of first hand reports it should handily be quieter than those listed at a shorter and lighter weight.

OP
longrange13

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I’d probably skip the dead air at this point. Form has a good post about this or a very similar topic. I have a TBAC Ultra 5 and like it.
Do you have a link to it by chance?

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
I have a flow ti in jail now, weight, attenuation, and low back pressure all influenced the choice.
Compromise is a necessary evil.

h2so4

WKR
@longrange13 rhere are more, but here is one.
The search function allows you to search by user, too.

I LOVE My Silencerco Omega 300. Want it lighter , take off the brake adapter. Not the lightest out there, however it is the one that I have found has the least amount of change of impact in suppressed v. non suppressed testing.

I have several brands of suppressors and nothing outperforms the Omega 300. Period.

I'll take a few extra ounces of weight for the reliable and accurate performance of the Omega 300.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I LOVE My Silencerco Omega 300. Want it lighter , take off the brake adapter. Not the lightest out there, however it is the one that I have found has the least amount of change of impact in suppressed v. non suppressed testing.

I have several brands of suppressors and nothing outperforms the Omega 300. Period.

I'll take a few extra ounces of weight for the reliable and accurate performance of the Omega 300.
Could buy the scythe and have same performance at half the weight…..

I have omega too and am happy with it. But also have a scythe in jail and am pretty pumped about it on a hunting rig.

Last edited:

TheHammer

WKR
I have a handful of 30s, a couple that are listed. I recently got to play with a scythe…. I bought 2 that night, hopefully I can get flush end caps vs the baffle. If only I could sell a few of these other cans and buy a couple more scythes. I think it’s in a class of its own. I love my omega 300s, but if you are being length or weight conscious, the scythe is at the top.